coils for 81 gs1100ex ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coils for 81 gs1100ex ????

hey everyone im new to this site. I just picked up a 1981 suzuki gs1100ex from my dads buddy and got it running. it has a kerker 4 into 1 header on it and a k&n air filter on it and bigger jets in the carbs. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get aftermarket coils for it??? i would like to find the accel ones. plz let me kno if you have any info

Tha Accels aren't in production anymore as far as I know but the green, 3 ohm Dynatek coils sure are!!! I would go with the Dynas & a new set of their plug wires at the same time. Your bike will love you for it! If you ever need help, call me at 714--356-7845. Welcome to the site, Ray.

Comment

alright thank you sir i might call ya if i cant get the bikes jetting right

Comment

If you still want some Accell there are some on evilbay.....

And they look like this installed

Comment

Wow, $200! I have a set on my GPz and I did not pay that much at all, it was more like $140, wires included. I got mine from Schnitz Racing here in Indiana. It does not look like they carry them any more, but their web site is so screwed up it is almost impossible to find anything.
          That looks like the original box and also appears that all the parts and documents are there.
          I recommend going to Z1 Enterprises and getting the green Dyna coils and the 7mm or 8mm wires. I have them sitting on my parts bench waiting for installation on the GS. I got the 8mm wires, which only come in grey. If you want a different colour, you have to get the 7mm wires.

Comment

could ya send me the link where to buy the dynatek ones?

Comment

thanks for tellin me about z1 i went there and they have a bunch of nice stuff would you go with 5ohm or 3 ohm coils?

Comment

You need the 3 ohm coils. Dynatek's # is 626-963-1669. Ask for Larry & tell him Ray Rains sent you. Ray.

Comment

im gettin these green coils and i was wondering is there anything i need to do before i just install the coils and new wires?

Comment

coils

Parts unlimited, has the accel 3ohm If you desire. or the 5ohm emgo coils for 90bucks pair w/wires. Ive used the emgo's with dyna S ran great!

Comment

Originally posted by kflaggs1kevin View Post
                      hey everyone im new to this site. I just picked up a 1981 suzuki gs1100ex from my dads buddy and got it running. it has a kerker 4 into 1 header on it and a k&n air filter on it and bigger jets in the carbs. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get aftermarket coils for it??? i would like to find the accel ones. plz let me kno if you have any info

They still make them. Same part numbers and all but they're black instead of yellow.

Comment

which coils would you guys go with the accels or the green ones? and i was wondering what plug gap would you run with these new coils?

Comment

well i ended up buyin the accel 3ohm coils. is there anythi ng i need to do to the bike before i put the new coils on? and what should i set the gap to on the plugs with these new coils? the stock coils im running .28 on the plugs what should i go upto?

Comment

You need to check the voltage to your existing coils (the O/W wire). It should be pretty close to battery voltage.
                            Most do some version of what is commonly called the "Coil Relay Mod" which is fundamentally a method to bring full charging voltage to a selected component, in this case the coils. An Eastern Beaver relay kit would be an excellent way to implement this.
                            The spark plug gap should be set to stock.

Comment

I think very highly of the GREEN ones and dyna tek electronics..Glendora,CA

I love to tell harley guys my ignition system is AMERICAN MADE!

Gap range 0.026"~0.030" depending on plug heat range and use duty of engine.

low revs and cold plug = fatter gap / hi revs and hoter plug = thinner gap.

re-check your ignition timing if you change the gap width.
                              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                              X