• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Shocks

Anyone have any experience with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-5-...#ht_2529wt_922

Think they will work on my '78 GS750?
    Have a better suggestion?

They look very similar to some Chinese made shocks that were not favorably reviewed over at cb1100f.net. I think a couple of posters even had problems with the clevis breaking at along the 90 degree bend.

I can't say for sure if those are the same ones, but a fancy looking pair of resivoir shocks for under $100 sounds suspect to me.

Comment

I have a set. They might work OK for a lighter (140-170lb ) person. I am @210 and they are too soft for me. I'll give you a deal!!!!

Comment

I have a set on the 81 GS750, I opted for the eye to eye style though. Not sure how the bike will ride with them, but I weigh in around 250 and the back end feels fairly stiff sitting and bouncing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by stain View Post
          I have a set. They might work OK for a lighter (140-170lb ) person. I am @210 and they are too soft for me. I'll give you a deal!!!!
          Hmmm... I'm 280 so I should probably look for something stiffer.

Thanks!

Comment

^^same as first post only double the price???

Comment

Almost, but from the description it looks like they are a little shorter and has a thicker spring?
              I figured since they are listed for a V-Max they would hold up better since that is not a light-weight bike

Comment

Working...
              X