No announcement yet.

81 GS650 tuning help Dynojet stage 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been watching this thread, and I started to feel a bit scared of those dynojets. I wanna put stage 3, K&N pods, and 4-1 in my 1982 GS 750 (16 valve engine). I got european bike,while dynojets are for "u.s bikes only". (What's the difference btw?) Do You have any suggestions and tips concerning installation so I could avoid eventual problems?
    Sorry, it's about gs650, i know,i didn't wanted to start a new thread though.

Comment

In theory it's a snap. The nightmare comes from; Weathered rubber , chemically damaged rubber, damaged threads, previously drilled orifices.

tuning a multi cylinder 650 /850 1100 is the same - except the numbers on the jets. idle (pilot)first - W.O.T. (main)second then needle position last. buy a bunch of plugs. don't cheap out because you get what you give. some guys quit before they get the snappy crisp throttle.

The Good 'ol U.S. of A. has a little govt. department called the E.P.A. which means that the mid range jet needle is a standard non adjustable part which is calibrated to the plentum volume and opening orifice size of the airbox.

Check inside your carb slide for adjustable needles - if you got 'em all your tuning can be done without buying a "kit"

XS carbs ?? toss the stockers and get a set of 34 VM mechanical round slides. The XS came with couple different 38 CV fatties in a that never made anyone happy. over carbed twin, fat lazy hesitant ugh you cant stop black plugs - so carry spares. same as the charging/IGN system man a troublesome line of bikes.

best thing I ever did to a XS650 was the 34mm carbs, then Z-ZOOM!! Oh wait , no I mean, brrratt!! brrrattt!! you got to have a really work the RPMs' to get a set of 36mm to work.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
      X