Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sleeve or not to sleeve is the question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeve or not to sleeve is the question?

Can a stock block be sleeved?

I own a GS 1100e and I have been looking for big bore piston kits in particular 1260cc. I was told by a parts dealer that the stock Suzuki block could not be sleeved. He said that going to any thing larger that 1166cc would require a new block and the casing would have to be bored out.

I did notice that the largest size for a stock block and sleeve for an 1150 is 1230cc maybe going to an 1150 stock block might make more sense.

My question is can I just sleeve my stock block then bore it out to 1266cc or would a stock block off of an 1150 be the better route to go?

Any advice will help greatly!

Thanks,

Andy.

Not sure about the 1150, but I do know you can put bigger sleeves in the 1100 stock block and have them bored to 1260. The stock sleeves aren't big enough to go to 1260. 1327 would require a big block.

Ryan
    エアコンレンタルの新着情報ならこちらです。

Comment

Yup I agree 1260 is as big as you can go in a stock block 1100, you will need to sleeve it of cause, I recommend also Heavy Duty studs and a top end oiler kit (BTW you must fit a top end oiler kit if you use H/D studs) whilst you are in there get you clutch basket toughened up as 1260cc will eat a stock one real quick.
      Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
        Yup I agree 1260 is as big as you can go in a stock block 1100, you will need to sleeve it of cause, I recommend also Heavy Duty studs and a top end oiler kit (BTW you must fit a top end oiler kit if you use H/D studs) whilst you are in there get you clutch basket toughened up as 1260cc will eat a stock one real quick.
        Dink
        Dink is that advise the same you would give for an 1150? the reason I ask is I have APE heavy duty studs in mine but dont run the top end oiling kit just the high volume oil pump gears.

Comment

Yes Skip it does apply to the 1150 as well, as I am sure you are aware the H/D studs are larger than the stock ones and therefore restrict the oil supply to your cams etc.
          Dink

Comment

If you are putting the 1150 block on a 1100 case you may still have to get the cases machined...

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              Yes Skip it does apply to the 1150 as well, as I am sure you are aware the H/D studs are larger than the stock ones and therefore restrict the oil supply to your cams etc.
              Dink
              I guess i have been lucky I put over 10,000 miles on it after the the studs were installed and many 1/4 mile trips. maybe ill install the top end oil kit when I punch it out to 1260 cc during the next rebuild. ( hope fully that wont be for at least three more riding seasons) Thanks for the info Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
                If you are putting the 1150 block on a 1100 case you may still have to get the cases machines...

Hap
                dont think ther is an option unless you try to use sandpaper 8O

Comment

I remember my first car 63 rambler 6cyl aluminum block/cast iron head. It had a blown gasket and warped block. Took a large file and resurfaced the top of the block. IT worked. So i imagine you could enlarge the cases with a file but the engine should be dissambled for cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                    I remember my first car 63 rambler 6cyl aluminum block/cast iron head. It had a blown gasket and warped block. Took a large file and resurfaced the top of the block. IT worked. So i imagine you could enlarge the cases with a file but the engine should be dissambled for cleaning
                    Lynn, I cant evem write my name legible My hats off to you for that operation. 8O

Comment

Working...
                    X