GSXR Rear Wheel on GS1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin,
    Why don't you make it the same as mine but just put the hanger upside down and use gsxr caliper. The brake stay fixes to the caliper not the hanger. I don't like the thought of spreading the arm.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by KC1908 View Post
      Kevin,
      Why don't you make it the same as mine but just put the hanger upside down and use gsxr caliper. The brake stay fixes to the caliper not the hanger. I don't like the thought of spreading the arm.

Ken
      Mine is underslung like yours. He needs to look at the options on the sprocket carriers and maybe a little machining. Whatever combination you use to narrow things you have to make sure you use the bearing support for the carrier you use. And if you do anything that moves the bearing in the carrier closer to the hub that needs to be accounted for in the bearing support that fits in the carrier. Make sure the bearing support is in the hub too. If it's not or the one in the carrier is wrong it can put wheel bearings in a bind.

I think I ended up with a GSX600F carrier and did take a little off the outside edge of the caliper hanger. I'm using an '89 4.5" wheel and didn't need to create anywhere near the clearance you need. The 1150 swingarm is very similar to the 700 and already used wider wheels. You can get your width needed down some.

Comment

Hey guys, been searching for a hub sprocket carrier thats 1" deep.
        All im finding is 1-1/2 (stock gs 1150 carrier)
        Can anyone give me a specific year and model?
        I may head down to AJs in Philadelphia, im sure to find it there, but thats a half day trip...
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X