Clutch release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch release

Wonder if any of you hand clutchers have tried one of AVS's units?

Unbreakable Motorcycle clutch and brake levers for off-road, street, and racing use

Made for dirt bikes, but would seem to be good for drag use. MPS used to make an air operated lever, but the AVS is cheaper and requires no air.

I read most of the info but still do not understand what HOT START is.

Can you help me with that item??

Comment

Once you pull in the clutch lever, it locks into place. Rather than to release the lever like you would normally you use the trigger. Much like a hammer on a gun.

Comment

I read over all their documents and it appears the hot release is something else. Too bad...

There is an MPS unit that does work with air:

Comment

Thanks
          i dont believe in popping the clutch any how. I just like to joke about it because an old buddy of mine use the expression a lot.

Comment

Made for dirt bikes,
            I wonder how many of the top riders use this? I don't see any endorsements so I wouldn't think many.

I don't see any advantage really. Unless you lack the hand strength to hold the lever in. Dirt bikers shouldn't have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
              Made for dirt bikes,
              I wonder how many of the top riders use this? I don't see any endorsements so I wouldn't think many.

I don't see any advantage really. Unless you lack the hand strength to hold the lever in. Dirt bikers shouldn't have that problem.
              I think they like it because of the way it can flip out of the way in a crash??

Popping, I like that word! It can fit so many things.

Comment

I Used to use a small hydrolic piston (similar to a steering dampner) that was about two or three inches long. It mounted on the clutch lever and you could dial in the release rate like you do the dampening on shocks. It took many passes on the twostroke Kawasaki H1 I used to drag race with to get it dialed in but once I did it was great. Inexpencive too $ 39 I think

Comment

Skip,

Sounds like an interesting idea. Do you remember who was making the kit?

Comment

I bought it mail order I think it was from orient express back in the early eightys dont know if the kit is still available but ill try to find out

Comment

I think they like it because of the way it can flip out of the way in a crash??

Popping, I like that word! It can fit so many things.
                      Popping is a cool word.

If levers brake when riding dirt, you just pick yourself back up and ride without using them.

Comment

Working...
                      X