Top Clamp Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Clamp Conversion

Just thought I would show everybody what I am working on. I am swapping 88 GSXR wheels and front end over to my 82 GS1100.
    This is a model of how I will be doing the top clamp conversion. Wanted to do it like Posplyr did but I don't have acess to anybody who can weld aluminum. So this is my bolt on solution with Bandit risers. Almost built then I will attach pictures of the real thing.

Cheers
    Paul

Other side.

Comment

I made a plate to mount ignition & the original gauges on my 750. Similar.

I used the old ignition bolt holes to fix it on. I ended up using the triple clamps but I was going to use a single bolt through set I have & just drill the top clamp as others have done (I bought a set, didn't use them & still have them if you are interested).

Bolt on adjustable steering stops:

Finished bike:

I have another set of the brackets to fit the 6 pot BUSA/GSXR brakes to the 1100 RSU forks & a set of the rotors as well if you are interested (You just need to get Calipers, paid $50 for a set incl stainless lines & pads - that's what prompted designing the bracket!)

1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Here is what I have so far. Everything is machined, just finishing up the fitting. On the gauage brackets I cut off the back half of the 20 degree angle parallel to attach nuts. It was machined like this at first just for mock up.

Cheers
        Paul

Comment

Here is the clamp mount.

Comment

Stop the presses.
            I had to make some changes, turns out I made my dimensions from a 750 top clamp. I have the 1100 clamp now so I will be revising the drawings. There is a little bit of a difference.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Cool Paul,

Nice mock up for the 750. Waiting for the 1100!
              83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Any update here?
                Looking forward to seeing how it came out..!

Comment

Sorry guys I haven't updated. Project was put on hold as I recently aqquired a 86 GS1150. Its the new sparkly toy so everything else is on the back burner.

Cheers
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X