Fork brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork brace?

Looking for a fork brace for my 1980 gs 750e. Any thoughts or recomendations would be appreciated. Do they make a big difference? Thoughts on brands? Costs?
    Thanks guys...
    No signature :(

I replaced the stock springs with Progressive Suspension springs on my skinny 35mm forks of my '79 70E many years ago and even with the 1100 motor in the frame,
    I have never had a need or desire to either increase the size of the fork tubes or add a brace and I never ride at posted speed suggestions.
    The bike handles fantastic even 2-up with spirited riding.

Daniel

Comment

Been several discussions on this before, but the Terozzi fork brace is what I put on my GS700E. I'm satisfied with it. There was even a "group buy" a few years ago so several members have them on their bikes. Does a fork brace make a difference? Some say yes, some say no. More of one's preference.

E

Comment

once fitted, you will wonder why you have never fitted one before. any make you can get except telefix which are dangerous will do
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the advice! I think I will get one.
          No signature :(

Comment

I, too, use a Tarozzi fork brace on my '78 550 (35mm fork tubes with Progressive springs, modern tires). It does provide noticeably more precise steering, especially over rough surfaces.

Comment

Working...
            X