Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athena Gasket Sets?

Has anyone heard of this company?

I have seen there gasket sets on the web but don't know of their quality.

I am told by a GOOD BUILDER that he only trusts genuine Suzuki valve stem seals for longjevity. His experience is after market seals only last a shot time before leakage.

Complete gaskets sets, top and bottom from this company are 75.00 usd. including valve seals.

Just the valve seals alone from Susuki are more than that so I am very suspect as to quality.

anyone have experience with this brand?
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

When I rebuilt the top end of my 850, I posed this same question. I have looked at the Athena website. They are the major supplier of gaskets for European bike manufacturers. I toyed with the idea of getting an Athena gasket set for my 850, but then decided to go with the Suzuki. If you have the part numbers, check with Ron Ayers(www.RonAyers.com) for prices.

Comment

check here fo r a gasket set have very good prices
      https://www.partsnmoreonline.com/PNMSite/Gasket%20set%20SUZUKI%20GS850%20G%20(79-81).htm

Comment

Lynn

Those are Athena Gaskets!

Comment

When I was drag racing the GS, I would only use genuine Suzuki gaskets, simply because I could rely on them to fit!
          Our local Suzuki dealer carried both genuine & pattern sets, & he would give me a discount on genuine, but not on pattern. That used to bring the cost to a comparable level!

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
            check here fo r a gasket set have very good prices
            https://www.partsnmoreonline.com/PNMSite/Gasket%20set%20SUZUKI%20GS850%20G%20(79-81).htm
            good site...That is the place that is selling Athena gaskets.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

hello, last year I rebuilt my 81 1000 and used a set of Athena gaskets and found they were of a higher quality than oem. I used a complete gasket set and found the valve stem seals to be very supple and not semi hard like Vesrah. The head gasket is a metal multi ply with a sealant coating on it. They worked like a charm perfect fit. Just my $.02

Comment

I have used both Athena and OEM on engines and it is difficult to say which is better.. Keep in mind two valves are now 20 yrs old and the number of times they have been pulled down with damage to facings etc..
                So no matter how good the gasket is it will sometimes fail,,
                If genuine are around and priced right I would use them but Athena are good quality so there is nothing in it in my book..
                Regards Simon

Comment

Working...
                X