Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have BIG feet, ditch the shifter linkage & mount directly to shaft!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have BIG feet, ditch the shifter linkage & mount directly to shaft!!!

i own an '83 1100e and have a size 12 shoe. i found it awkward and uncomfortable shifting with the stock shifter attached to the linkage. the shifter was too close to the foot peg & too far to the right so i had to wedge my foot underneath it while at the same time twisting my foot to the right. as a result, i was experiencing pain in my left hip and knew i had to make an adjustment. i bought a peg from a '78 gs1000 (has a substantial offset to the left) on ebay for $10 shipped. i ditched the stock shifter w/ linkage and attached the '78 shifter dierctly to the shaft. man, what a difference. no more twisting and wedging of my foot. i rest my heel on the foot peg and shift effortlessly w/ my toe instead of the middle of my foot. if you have a size 12 or larger shoe, do yourself a favor and try this mod. only downside is that if your shfts are not precise, you will get slight feedback from the shifter. i think it a minor trade-off for improved comfort. peace.

I did the same to one of my '81 1100E's.
    Size 13 here.

Eric

Comment

Working...
    X