X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could buy these : http://www.tarozzipaolo.com/inglese/home.htm
    Watch out the GS 1000 model differs from the GS 1000 ST
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Yes, saw those but they are $$ & they lift the peg as well as moving it back. Those are for guys with young mans knees/hips I guess
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Sorry to sound like a broken (dumb) record. How did you mount this to the gear shaft output. I cant make out in your photo how you did it.

Is that a custom shaft or did you cut and join the old one to new pipe.

Originally posted by kochic View Post
        I made a mounting bracket with 3/8 aluminium stock that bolt in the stock pegs holes.
        The pegs and linkage are off a 1991 gsxr1100
        Marc

Comment

Dan, This is what I did, dead cheap and easy.
          Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

I liked using the rear pegs when riding over distance and have just got used to it that way. I used some rear peg brackets and welded in a solid slug. The pegs themselves are original Raask using it that way its allowed a bit of tilt for fine adjustment. doing it this way I think it looks in keeping and its comfortable for me.

sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

This is what I did... I had got a set of old gsxr foot pegs and I made a cardboard cut out of angle I thought that they needed to be. the gsxr has a fitted shaft so they wont spin... anyway I got the hole angle and then made the front edge follow the frame angle. after i made my cut out I took it to the the local laser cutters and had it cut out of 12mm steel.. cost me 32 bucks for both sides. I welded them in place and mounted the foot pegs. worked out really well. for the brake I hadto mount the rear brake cylinder above, I used the original bracket and turned the brake cylinder upside down.. I think I may convert to a gsxr brake cylinder as they have the hose with a 90 degree fitting that makes the resevoir fitting much easier to mount.

Comment

oh and also the gsxr shift linkage fits perfect on my gs 750 shift lever coming out of the engine! It was like it was meant to be!! Im not sure which year my foot pegs came from but id guess in the early to mid 90's! hope this helps!
              ps the linkage is long but it can be cut back to the right length once you have installed the rear sets. Another thought too if you have the brackets profile cut like i did you can get creative change the out side shape or do like i did and add holes just to make it look a bit more stock or custom. you could make them look like spurs or snake heads or a middle finger as long as you put your hole in the right angle they should be fine!

Comment

Working...
              X