Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankcase Ventilation Fittings, etc.

Hi!

Where in USA or Canada could I locate crankcase ventilation fittings, hoses, etc. such as this one on Agemax's bike?

I have noticed a few kits in Europe, but did not see any on this side of the pond.

Thanks!
    2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
    1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
    2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
    s)

maybe EARL'S PLUMBING

Comment

Katman gets his hands on some trick stuff.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Does that run to a catch can?
        Or is there a filter on the end of the hose?
        The Three Horsemen
        '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
        '83 GS1100ES
        ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
        Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
          Does that run to a catch can?
          Or is there a filter on the end of the hose?
          there is a small K&N style filter on the end of the hose
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

try this place

lot of automotive stuff, but might have what your looking for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              Got it.
              I think I need to do this as I'm pushing some oil from the shifter shaft seal. New seal, shifter shaft is in perfect condition.
              I really do think I'm building a bit much case pressure, & I figure it can't hurt.
              Looks like you have a -6 line there. I know the oil filler cap is M20x1.5 at least on a four valve motor, so this will be an easy one.
              Is the adapter that the hose attaches to threaded into the filler cap piece?
              The Three Horsemen
              '83 GS1100ES
              ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Got it.
                I think I need to do this as I'm pushing some oil from the shifter shaft seal. New seal, shifter shaft is in perfect condition.
                I really do think I'm building a bit much case pressure, & I figure it can't hurt.
                Looks like you have a -6 line there. I know the oil filler cap is M20x1.5 at least on a four valve motor, so this will be an easy one.
                Is the adapter that the hose attaches to threaded into the filler cap piece?
                no it is a push fit with an o ring. makes it easier to remove the hose if you need to undo the filler cap, also allows rotation of the hose to run it in what direction you require
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

i should add that i bought mine as a pre made kit from Goodridge. hard to find now but i found this dealer who sells them. scroll to bottom of page, that is exactly the same kit i have on my bike
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

i should add that i bought mine as a pre made kit from Goodridge. hard to find now but i found this dealer who sells them. scroll to bottom of page, that is exactly the same kit i have on my bike
                    http://www.bgcmotorsport.co.uk/brakekit.html
                    Thanks for the link.
                    Wish there were prices.
                    Although it probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy it from
                    the UK.
                    I'll see if I can find a seller in the States, or, roll my own, as they say.
                    The Three Horsemen
                    '83 GS1100ES
                    ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

I'll see if I can find a seller in the States,
                      Exactly what I have been looking for ... but without success.

or, roll my own, as they say.
                      If you do, please let me know. I'd be your first customer for this item!
                      2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                      1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                      2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                      s)

Comment

Another question, where did you end up routing the hose to?
                        I have a hose coming off the valve cover, routed back to just
                        in front of the license plate. Coming off of the filler cap, I
                        plan on running the hose to roughly the same area.
                        The Three Horsemen
                        '83 GS1100ES
                        ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

that would be good place to route it. i am going to change mine to a small ali catch tank under the seat
                          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Another question, where did you end up routing the hose to?
                            I have a hose coming off the valve cover, routed back to just
                            in front of the license plate. Coming off of the filler cap, I
                            plan on running the hose to roughly the same area.
                            Greg for what ever it is worth:

At one point I was worried about excessive blowby pressure in my ED(because of oil leaks) . I already had a vent from the top of the valve cover to a catch can. I plumbed up an additional hose from my fill port "T"ed into the valve cover vent with an added pressure gauge at the fill port. After rifdding around, I never saw any pressure on the pressure gauge so I just removed the extra plumbing to the fill port.

Most of my leaks were from the stator cover and the oring around the starter, once that was sorted the bike runs dry (except for a ocassional leak at the base gasket).

Cheers
                            Jim

Comment

Not really finding what I was looking for, so........

A quick trip to the CNC lathe,

Follow by a stop at the CNC mill,

A little finish work. And there they are. A filler/breather cap for my 1150 & one for the Katana I'm getting ready to sell.

Now I need to buy a couple -10 AN fittings & some hose, plus a couple filters to attach to the ends of the hose.
                              The Three Horsemen
                              '83 GS1100ES
                              ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Working...
                              X