corbin seat for 84 gs 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corbin seat for 84 gs 1150

is there such a thing? I could not find one on their site. Anyone seen one? Or something like it. My seat is going to have to be redone and since I'm doing it I thought I would see what options are out there.
    Thanks,
    Trevor
    No signature

Hi Trev,

Yes they have existed at some time or other. One recently purchased 1150 had one. It looks sort of like ............a Corbin seat really. Mine has red bits and everything.

See how enlightening I am!!!!!!! I wish I could get a photo so I could REALLY be helpful but it is kept around 3hrs from here. I will be visiting it in a week or 2 if you still want a pic.

Always here with the info:
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rich001 View Post
      Hi Trev,

Yes they have existed at some time or other. One recently purchased 1150 had one. It looks sort of like ............a Corbin seat really. Mine has red bits and everything.

See how enlightening I am!!!!!!! I wish I could get a photo so I could REALLY be helpful but it is kept around 3hrs from here. I will be visiting it in a week or 2 if you still want a pic.

Always here with the info:
      Richard
      LOL..thanks Richard, let me know if you get the pics or have any other info.
      No signature

Comment

hi again Trev,

Finally got requisite photos. took 2 attempts to get there ( 1st attempt ending in car accident - whole different story ).

I hadn't really had a close look at it before. it does need a bit of a tidy up. the vinyl has come away from some of the rivets underneath. nothing drastic up top though.

good luck in trying to find one for yourself.

rgds
        Richard
        PM me if you want more photos

Comment

My 1150 seat is a 2 piece unit. How does that one attach? Does the back half just float?

Comment

Hi Oldie,

I was very afraid someone would ask me that. The bike came as a basket case and I haven't seen it mounted. I am unsure of exactly how it mounts

Below is a picture of the base with the rear to the right of the picture. There looks to be a metal bracket, at the rear, that would bolt to something on the chassis. There are no hooks on the front - it just sits on the pads. The bolt to locate in the opening mechanism is evident in the center of the base.

Comment

I bet it goes on kind of backwards, hooking from the rear then pushing the post down to latch it. Notice that they shaved the front tabs that hook into the loops by the tank? I like the one piece look.
              I believe Corbin will do anything you want if send them your seat for them to rework. Sargent is another that does nice work, and they have a pretty nice DIY 2 piece cover you can buy for a reasonable price.

Comment

I've found that most of the corbin seats that i've sat on,are not any better in comfort than a stock seat. I have a seat that was done by sargent twenty years ago that still looks good today. I highly recommend them.
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                X