No announcement yet.

Racing Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You beat me to it. I was going to say go with Avgas.Been usung it for years in my 1150. The "Low Lead" is a misnomer though. Its got ALOT off lead, (more than leaded street gas had) just not as much as it used to have 20 or 30 years ago.I think the lead is to help boost octane and help lube the valve train.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
      You beat me to it. I was going to say go with Avgas.Been usung it for years in my 1150. The "Low Lead" is a misnomer though. Its got ALOT off lead, (more than leaded street gas had) just not as much as it used to have 20 or 30 years ago.
      not sure how much lead it has, but you are right its just a lower amount then it used to have.

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
      I think the lead is to help boost octane and help lube the valve train.
      aviation fuel does not use aditives to boost octane level. lead in the fuel is for valve train lube, and some other stuff I forget. I think it has something to do with heat retention in the motor. I havn't really got into that yet but I will ask my boss on monday as he has been flying for 25-30 years(former CF-104 pilot for the canadian armed forces)

Comment

i just found out my buddy puts Union 76 race gas 105 i think, about once a month in his F4i, is this really helping or no??

Comment

Working...
        X