WISCONSIN: Where to go for good engine work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WISCONSIN: Where to go for good engine work

I moved to Wisconsin about a year and half ago and am looking to punch my GS1000 out to 1100 as well as have the clutch tightened up/welded. (I'm also going to put some 8v GS750 oil pump gears in).

Where would you recommend I go for some quality work? Preferably within Wisconsin.

Contact trippivot from this site. I think he is in Wisconsin. He knows what he is doing.
    Ray.

Comment

Greetings From Kenosha

I too moved up to Wisconson a little over 2 years ago. I can - do - get -ANYTHING fom mild to wild for your 2 valve engine.

Redline Cycles in Kenosha - if you want the security of having a insured , licensed repair facility building your machine .

or come over to my garage with parts and CASH - we can map out an effective plan to make a long lasting powerful engine within the budget you have to spend. I can help you not waste money. As an example - why get a big bore when your head has washed out valve springs - and never freshend up.

in reality you are dealing with limitations of the side cut gear and thin engine cases when you talk about going bigger--

140 max power with stock clutch gear - 1238 max displacement with kawasaki pistons and stock crank stroke. 40mm intake valves in a 1100 D head - 38mm exhaust may not be maximum but close - I like things to live and have a great reputation for accurate work - I may have a bad attitude but I know how to do fast that lasts.

I think 16V 750 oil pump gears are the ones you meant AND really don't need. bucket compared to rocker arm lubrication requirements are different, the oil pump will steal power and only make inner hydraulic resistance up top.

PM me here or trippivot@hotmail if you are serious.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I was going to suggest Redline in Kenosha.
        It's the only place I know, but I recognize quality when I see it.
        Got very good service.
        (the hotel across the street offers a substantial discount for bikers, and there are several good pubs within waking distance, too)

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
          I was going to suggest Redline in Kenosha.
          It's the only place I know, but I recognize quality when I see it.
          Got very good service.
          (the hotel across the street offers a substantial discount for bikers, and there are several good pubs within waking distance, too)
          Don't know if that was a typo, intentional, or a Freudian slip.

But I like it.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
          X