coating in exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coating in exhaust

I seen a article on coating the in side of your exhaust with high temp paint , it said would help with pulling head out of the head, and will help with it rusting, what do you all think about it,. ???? i have a new set of star sidewinders ,will it work ?? , was looking for the article but cant find it again,

waste of time if you ask me,will soon burn off and will not help in any way,especially removal from the head (if that is what you meant in your post?)
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Not hi temp paint but powder coating. Supposed to reduce pipe temp & give you a couple of extra horses. All the drag race teams do it.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Powder coating or ceramic?
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by wildeye View Post
          I seen a article on coating the in side of your exhaust with high temp paint , it said would help with pulling head out of the head, and will help with it rusting, what do you all think about it,. ???? i have a new set of star sidewinders ,will it work ?? , was looking for the article but cant find it again,
          Is this what you are looking for?
          Ceramic Header Coatings by Jet-Hot improve the look and performance of your vehicle by reducing heat and corrosion. Learn why industry leaders recommend that you get your vehicle "Jet-Hotted".
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
            Not hi temp paint but powder coating. Supposed to reduce pipe temp & give you a couple of extra horses. All the drag race teams do it.
            gday guys, never powdercoat your exhaust, it'll burn off in seconds flat,and if you did it on the inside, i reckon the coppers would love your smokescreen, ceramic coating, and on the outside, better than rap !

Comment

Working...
            X