Gauges - Speedometer and Tach Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauges - Speedometer and Tach Questions

I want to get some mini gauges for my 1978 gs750. I have seen the ratio posted here:
    Originally posted by MrSelfdestruct View Post
    tach = 4:1
    speedo = 2240:60
    I have also heard of folks using the mini speedo from Mike's XS:http://www.mikesxs.net/product/03-0744.html
    This, and all his speedos have a ratio of 2:1 with a 19" front wheel. Will this work for my bike?

Thanks,

Vintage CB750 speedo

This looks identical to the speedo on Mike's XS, just lists the proper ratio and costs more. -Part #: 03-0744
    Massive Selection of Honda CB Motorcycle Parts & Accessories at Great Prices, FREE and Fast Shipping on orders over $125!

They also have a matching Tach in a 4:1. - Part #: 03-0745

What do you think?

Comment

The 2:1 speedo will not work on your bike. That unit can be found in a 2240/60 ratio, which will work fine. If your vendor is not sure, have them check the label on the back of the speedo. It should say "M=2.1" (2240/60) not "M=2,0" (2:1). AMHIK

Comment

Thanks Mister Cinders!
        I read about your troubles with Dime City; I am trying to avoid them. I really like those gauges though. It sounds like the clocks from Vintage CB750 should work.
        Massive Selection of Honda CB Motorcycle Parts & Accessories at Great Prices, FREE and Fast Shipping on orders over $125!

It's just that I am cheap, and like to get the best deal I can.

Comment

Originally posted by snyderman View Post
          Thanks Mister Cinders!
          I read about your troubles with Dime City; I am trying to avoid them. I really like those gauges though. It sounds like the clocks from Vintage CB750 should work.

It's just that I am cheap, and like to get the best deal I can.
          Look around on Amazon and/or eBay. Those are the same gauges that DCC and everyone else sells. You may be able to beat $85.

Comment

Working...
          X