v&h pipe mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v&h pipe mod

Picked up a vance and hines for my gs1100e from someone here and inspite of me thinking there would be tuning headaches, I followed the v&h instructions on jetting and it worked out to a tee. Since i kept the stock air box, it said to remove the cover from it, change the main to 122.5 and the pilot to 47.5. It runs great plus its about 20 someodd lbs lighter. thanks wirelessguy!.[/IMG]

[/IMG] see if this wks

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

screw photobucket! I cant get it to post.

Comment

Originally posted by snicrep5 View Post
          screw photobucket! I cant get it to post.
          lol, open the picture then click on the img code, it should automatically say copied, then just paste it into your post.....
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            lol, open the picture then click on the img code, it should automatically say copied, then just paste it into your post.....
            Yep, you don't need to add anything, just paste the copied IMG link.

If you are doing more than one picture, it helps to press the ENTER key twice between each picture. That will put a blank space between the pictures to separate them just a bit.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by snicrep5 View Post
              Picked up a vance and hines for my gs1100e from someone here and inspite of me thinking there would be tuning headaches, I followed the v&h instructions on jetting and it worked out to a tee. Since i kept the stock air box, it said to remove the cover from it, change the main to 122.5 and the pilot to 47.5. It runs great plus its about 20 someodd lbs lighter. thanks wirelessguy!.[/IMG]

Never new there were jetting directions there. Nice to know that setting for a GS1100E

Comment

Comment

finally! after much trial and error. Be easier if I could just browse and click from my picture file on my computer.

Comment

[/IMG] heres its little brother which is a blast to throw around.

Comment

Not sure what you are doing, but you have surely messed up your Photobucket account so pictures are hard to see.

I tried to post a larger picture, but there is something about your account that prevents that.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

i can see them clearly, but It goes back to photobucket which is not what I want. I want them viewed in my post. Anyway Im sorry this has turned into more of a pic posting thread instead of what I intended.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          www.vanceandhines.com/download/S110IN.pdf

Never new there were jetting directions there. Nice to know that setting for a GS1100E

Hmmm just read V&Hs jetting recommendations for the first time. Only thing I did was up the main jet a few steps, that and I'm using a K&N air filter. Never touched the pilot jet.
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                          X