rearset idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rearset idea?

ive been thinking about rearsets since i got my bike and i keep thinking you could just mount some aftermarket sets on the big aluminum pass peg/pipe mounts on a 1100E? i was thinking this so you wouldnt have to weld on your frame and you could just buy another set of big aluminum pass peg/pipe mounts(dont know what there called?) and return to stock.

the only problem is that they would be a little low and might stick out to far, or be angled weird. anyone else think of this?

why not just remove the original foot peg mounting brackets and fab up some rearsets that will bolt on using the original mounting points. then if you want to revert to standard you can just bolt the old brackets back on again.......
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      why not just remove the original foot peg mounting brackets and fab up some rearsets that will bolt on using the original mounting points. then if you want to revert to standard you can just bolt the old brackets back on again.......
      that would be the better idea. you would have to make exhaust hangers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
        that would be the better idea. you would have to make exhaust hangers though.
        incorporate them into the rearset brackets!
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Rearsets

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
          ive been thinking about rearsets since i got my bike and i keep thinking you could just mount some aftermarket sets on the big aluminum pass peg/pipe mounts on a 1100E? i was thinking this so you wouldnt have to weld on your frame and you could just buy another set of big aluminum pass peg/pipe mounts(dont know what there called?) and return to stock.

the only problem is that they would be a little low and might stick out to far, or be angled weird. anyone else think of this?
          Mad Mark,
          Know what you mean about the weird angle and stickout.I'm making some for my miler bike build up.I have an 82 ez as well.I just started machining up a set from 4130 cm ,as mine will position my rear feet 6" in front of the rear axle (rules).Probably have a couple pics later this week. Rich

Comment

This is plate mounted on my 1100ez for an idea, you could literally mount any rearset you wanted with proper back spacing..

Comment

nice setup jwhelan65. that bike is beautiful by the way!

Comment

Working...
              X