New bike question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bike question

Picked up a new GS this week (this will be the 5th I have owned). I think I will settle with this one. It is a 1980 GS1100L. Bike has K&N pod filters, K&N stage 1 jet kit and straight thru 4 into 2 exhaust. When riding the bike it feels very powerful (perhaps even more powerful than my turbo charged kawasaki!). So my question is this, how much power do you think that bike is putting out? Low 100HP?? Just curious.

If it's the four valve model, I believe you're looking at just about 100hp. I'm sure you'll get a dead on quote from someone else. I belive the top speed for the 1100E is 142 MPH stock, so you can't be too far behind. I've got 1981 GS1100E.. I'm very happy with it...

Comment

yup

Yeah, I was thinking low 100's. It is a 16 valve engine, plus it has a jet kit.

Comment

With pod filters you're supposed to have a stage 3 jet kit. If you really do have a stage 1 , you're running lean.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X