Head Oiler Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Oiler Question

Bought a Head Oiler made from aeroquip hose and fittings, It has -6 swiveling thread ends that go into a male to male fitting ,the other male end goes into the head, Where can fittings like this be Purchased? I have looked checked with our ? speed shops here and on drag bike ,com ,emailed ward performance (apparently he markets his own oiler system) No Luck, I could drill tap the stock head fittings out for a 12 mm thread or so (would like a bit material for the fittings tto thread into. The head apparently is 14 ,, x 1.25 thread form) ) any ideas where I can buy 4 ftiings like this? Really hard to get stuff in Canada it appears. Thanx Mike
    avmmachine@rogers.com

ANplumbing.com Largest online supplier of XRP & Earls AN Fittings. Search our huge inventory of AN Adapters, AN Hose Ends, AN Hose, and accessories for racing, marine, and aerospace applications.

Try this place

Comment

Mike, you can drill & tap the stock fittings if you have access to a lathe, VERY easily. Just so you know, the oil cooled GSXR nuts are flat instead of convex so are easier to drill. Ray.

Comment

Fitting Problems

My oiler has a 3/8 inside dia, made by DTM ,drilling the original fittings just isn't a good way to do it, no one makes a 14. x 1.125 thread to -6 an fitting, closest is 14.5mm pitch fitting. , I ended up getting titanium from California 47 dollars and 67 for shipping ?? then a few hours in my home machine shop and I made my own with 3/8 inside dia and they ended up working out. Funny how oil kits for GS Heads been made for years and they are aluminum ,Ive seen those oil bolts twist break off spilling oil all over, they are pure Junk that's for sure, I ended up making replacement titanium bolts for them also since I was in the Machine Shop so much lately trying to get my new race bike ready, man so much stuff seems so poorly made.

Comment

Oiler Bolts

These are the Titaniumn male male fittings for the Aeroquip oiler unit . Mike

Comment

Oiler

Pic problem

Comment

Head Oiler Fittings Pic Finally ?

I made two different style Bolts , one for the ward style that come with aluminum bolts (Ive seen a few broken) and also a an /jic to metric to thread directly into the head, Funny how I haven't found any form sale, do people just jam them in and wrench away ?? Just Curious. Anyhow I searched for a while to just simply buy some but no luck heres a picture . Thanx Mike

Comment

HA Ha It Worked

Guess Im not as dumb as I thought with computers or I just got lucky thanx mike

Comment

Working...
                X