Daytona's on a GS850GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona's on a GS850GL?

The p.o. fitted my bike with Daytona style handlebars and I want to switch them out for more of a cruiser style. Anyone have any suggestions?

Medication? Har har.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

You could put a notice up in the "parts wanted" section and ask for GL bars. Enough people hate them and have switched them out that there should be a glut of them on the market. They certainly look the part, but according to almost all that care to comment, they aren't comfortable at all.

Comment

I have a set of GS850GL handlebars free for the cost of shipping. Definitely cruiser style. They're a bit rusty, though, so if that matters to you, they'd have to be painted or rechromed.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I sold the only set I had a couple of months ago, but I have some standard G bars. They rise up, but turn out, not back. They are pretty comfortable and keep your hands in more of a normal position. Less wrist fatigue. I can take some photos if you might be interested. I think my 750T might has somewhat of a pull back, I'll have to check.
          :cool:GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
          X