GS1100E routing air pressure equalization line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke with Dynojet yesterday evening. They recommended
    1) Going back to the stock air jets and readjusting the idle mixture.
    2) Remove the vent tubes (even though that step is omitted from the current directions.

Wil report back.

Comment

it has been a long time procedure removing the vent tubes with the DJ kits. maybe DJ thought it was such common knowledge they didn't bother adding it to the instructions any more(?)......
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        it has been a long time procedure removing the vent tubes with the DJ kits. maybe DJ thought it was such common knowledge they didn't bother adding it to the instructions any more(?)......
        Well, that would be sad, given we live in an age where you buy a new electric toaster and the 'instructions' provide a full page of text explaining that it is not safe to use this product in the bathtub.

Anyway.... pulled off the line running to the back of the bike and left the two tubes from the carbs T'd together, with the end open just above and between the two center carbs. A short ride at 65 and it definitely seemed improved. I need to try it on a faster road, but my wife was riding her bike with me and she doesn't like going so fast.

Cheers!
        ----------------------
        Update 5/19/13 - Got about 30 minutes of high speed riding on the bike and removing the tube appears to have fixed the problem.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X