No announcement yet.

how to install an oil cooler on a 1982 gs450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned in the original post, I commute daily through dc traffic, which does result in the engine oil becoming hotter than preferred. Anybody who's lived in dc knows how hot and humid the summers are... so it's fair to be concerned.

I have had stators show signs of over heating.

Just waiting for a few minor adapters and I'll be able to test the pressure flows from different locations.

Comment

I'd just strap a small box fan to the forks

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Has anyone on the planet ever had a 450 engine have a problem due to high oil temperatures other than some form of racing or siting at idle for a half hour or so?
        I would at least suggest doing to temp measurements first to see if temperature is even elevated, and if it is find the source . Oil cooler would be last on the list for a 450.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I would at least suggest doing to temp measurements first to see if temperature is even elevated, and if it is find the source . Oil cooler would be last on the list for a 450.
          That's what I'm planning. I am adding a pressure gauge anyway and will use that infinity to check the temp.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanna View Post
            As mentioned in the original post, I commute daily through dc traffic, which does result in the engine oil becoming hotter than preferred. Anybody who's lived in dc knows how hot and humid the summers are... so it's fair to be concerned.

I have had stators show signs of over heating.

Just waiting for a few minor adapters and I'll be able to test the pressure flows from different locations.
            Your stator is not getting hot because of hot oil. If anything the oil is a soothing relief to the overheating stator. Get a series r/r sh775

Comment

If you insist on doing this, I have a nice Lockhart oil cooler to sell, the smaller one, perfect size for a twin.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                If you insist on doing this, I have a nice Lockhart oil cooler to sell, the smaller one, perfect size for a twin.
                I'm interested. Can you pm the details, picture if you have one.

Comment

Working...
                X