1000sz with Wiseco HC pistons ? HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000sz with Wiseco HC pistons ? HELP!!

With a garage full of Katana parts and the odd engine gathering dust the time has arrived for me to think about what to do with some parts I won on ebay a few years ago. What I need is some help in deciding whether to invest some money into building a 1000SZ engine with Wiseco HC pistons I won on ebay or just rebuild the 1100 engine that was going to be the donor. I have the 1000 block and head and standard cams. I also have a set of cams from an 85 1150 but quite honestly my experience of performance tuning is pretty much zero. I was hoping that I was going to bolt everything together, mess around with the ignition timing, set the cams and hey presto I'd have a rocket on my hands. A bit of reading in the meantime has made me take a step back and approach this issue with a bit of caution. I have a complete Katana minus an engine and was hoping to slot this "special" in and see what the result was. I have a set of Mikuni VM32SS round slides that I was thinking of using + a set of 36mm Mikuni flat slides that came off a late 90's GSXR.

I know I'm going to ask some really dumb questions if this thread ever takes off so bare with me please. To start with, can I build something with the hardware that I have or is it all just a bunch of mis-matched junk in the grand scheme of things?? What do I need to bring this idea to life? Are the gains worth the effort and expense?

Thanks for indulging me!!

Call me at 714--356-7845 as there is a LOT to cover & will take time to type it all out. I do better over the phone. You can build from what you have. Ray.

Comment

yes ray is the man to speak to but if the Kat is a genuine 1000 ill leave the 1000 alone and start on the 1100 engine. Later in life the 1000 with matching engine (if it is now) will be worth way more
      Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Exactly what I was going to tell him. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Exactly what I was going to tell him. Ray.
          Great minds think alike. LOL

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rapidray. I'll call you this week-end and have a chat. I kinda thought this would have been a bit more involved than I had originally imagined !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
              yes ray is the man to speak to but if the Kat is a genuine 1000 ill leave the 1000 alone and start on the 1100 engine. Later in life the 1000 with matching engine (if it is now) will be worth way more
              You're quite right Sharpy, but after having made some modifications to the frame and repainted the bike god knows how many times I think that I've probably lost my chance of making this bike worth any real money. Besides, my wife has assured me that my last wishes will be up-held. That is to be buried sitting atop my trusty steed and securely duct taped to the bars so I don't rot off !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LAMA View Post
                You're quite right Sharpy, but after having made some modifications to the frame and repainted the bike god knows how many times I think that I've probably lost my chance of making this bike worth any real money. Besides, my wife has assured me that my last wishes will be up-held. That is to be buried sitting atop my trusty steed and securely duct taped to the bars so I don't rot off !!!
                OK. just dont tell me where ure buried. Oh and tie wire be better as the skin will rot and the ducttape will be useless. Or put screws thru ure hands and feet for more security, I heard people did that to a bloke awhile ago and he got famous. Good luck LOL

Comment

Working...
                X