Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

literally- 40 horses for $1000 ?

40 reliable horses for $1000 -YES

Simple I would plumb a wet nitrous kit, including a 3 outlet Pingle fuel tap, colder spark plugs. At full retail you have money left over.

PLUS! your 40 ponies are on demand so you don't have to feed them and worry about heat when sitting at a long stop light.

run a tiny 10 shot and a bottle will last longer than you think. nothing will get hurt - fuel mileage can stay above 30mpg-- By the way that is 10 per cylinder. 0.25% the full capacity of the power adding system.

Nitrous works best if you don't get addicted.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

more info

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

in the beginning i had no money...
        everybody was taking there bikes to shops and spending thousands on pistons/porting ect..
        my bikes was quicker more time than not.
        when you have no money you get the most out of what you have...stock head and pistons worked fine for my poor azz plus i learned a lot.
        just the facts folks.............
        and...
        and...
        i have nothing to sell you...just to offer my knowledge.
        the RS36's will give you 3 tenth's and a couple MPH over 1150 jet kitted carbs on a stock 1150 engine.
        again....just the facts

Comment

Back in my early days of drag racing (85) I was on a shoestring budget. The first things I bought was a slick& wheelie bar. Then the air shifter and heavy duty clutch hub..I then had the crankshaft trued welded and balanced ( no real performance increase) Transmission undercut (no real performance increase) I was running low 10's in the quarter mile. The next thing that I put on my budget was the chassis. I didn't want to build the engine without having a chassis to handle the extra horse power. I raked the steering head and added a 6" over Kosman double club foot swing arm with wheelie bars, and a 6"wheel. It wasn't for a couple of years before I could buy real performance parts. pistons, cams, carburetors. That engine now is detuned and in my 81 street bike. What I'm looking to do now is to build a turbo engine (from scatch) for my drag bike chassis. Am I rambling. I gess the moral of my story is, you can't just add 40 horse power. You should look at the big picture...Or he'll with it, put the juice to it and run the **** out of it
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
            40 reliable horses for $1000 -YES

Simple I would plumb a wet nitrous kit, including a 3 outlet Pingle fuel tap, colder spark plugs. At full retail you have money left over.

PLUS! your 40 ponies are on demand so you don't have to feed them and worry about heat when sitting at a long stop light.

run a tiny 10 shot and a bottle will last longer than you think. nothing will get hurt - fuel mileage can stay above 30mpg-- By the way that is 10 per cylinder. 0.25% the full capacity of the power adding system.

Nitrous works best if you don't get addicted.
            NX makes a nice setup with jets to go from 40hp to 100hp what ever you want and with some extras like the purge system and some safety add ons like low fuel pressure shut off switch a must in my book you are still under $1000 and if you are sneaky you can hide it from some people. You had to look hard to find see my NO2 system on my GS1150 you could only see the foggers and I used the black lines to hide it against the motor. Ok it was really only hidden from the dummies. But that is who you pray on when you street racing anyway.
            My stable
            84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
            85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
            88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
            98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
            90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
            06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
            00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

What is the stock cc of an 1150?
              And what is the stock cc of an 1100? 1048 or 1074?
              Thanks, Kevin

Comment

1135-1150
                1074-1100
                going off of memory..

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                  1135-1150
                  1074-1100
                  going off of memory..
                  Weird but I've seen 1100 blocks stamped 1075 and 1074. They were the same though.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If you decide to go nitrous, you BETTER have a way to retard the timing when you are using it or you WILL kill pistons!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      Weird but I've seen 1100 blocks stamped 1075 and 1074. They were the same though.
                      yes me also....

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                        If you decide to go nitrous, you BETTER have a way to retard the timing when you are using it or you WILL kill pistons!!!
                        Although Nitrous Oxide is the cheapest route, and it does actually answer my question, it's not the route I'm looking for.

I like all the things that come with traditional motor tuning. The different sounds that a big bore, big cam, pod filter motor put out. I like the low rev torque. And I want to keep it dead simple, reliable, and fun. (not that NX is not fun)

I'm going to re-direct this thread to the next phase of my GS journey:

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X