Hayabusa and GSXR1000 fork extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hayabusa and GSXR1000 fork extensions

Stumbled upon a Aus web site that manufacture fork extensions for Hayabusa and GSXR1000.

I have asked how much for a one off set for GSXR1100 93.

But the busa and 1000 extension the make to order.

Looking at this as an option for my 1100EZ.. but I want to use the original clocks.
    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500, :D
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif

They are about $450+shipping.

Comment

I emailed the company and they can do them for GSXR11 1991 but they will cost more unless there is a group purchase them the could do them for $450 Aus.

Sounds like they way I will go when I put a new front end on my EZ.
      I can only assume that the inside of the forks around the 91 olus are the same for a few years.
      The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif

Comment

One thing to note with GSX-R1100 forks is how much extension the lower triple fitting will allow. Fork legs have larger diameter at lower triple clamp and the step to smaller diameter is just above the lower triple. So if you try to extend the leg from the top the lower triple won't clamp to the leg any more. At least with my '91 forks this is the case. I'm not sure if '93 and later forks allow more extension but I would check this before investing on extensions.
        Arttu
        GS1100E EFI turbo
        Project thread

Comment

Has anyone found any other companies that make these fork extensions(hopefully for less money)?

Comment

Any Machine shop should be able to make them quite cheap id guess.

Comment

I'm not sure why you want to extend the fork legs?
              A couple of years ago, I extended GSXR 1100 K ( RSU) fork legs and in the end I did not use them.
              The main reason is that the GS 1000's benefit from shorter forks in order to decrease the caster angle.
              You loose approximately 1° of caster for every inch you lower the front.
              Of course ground clearance can quickly become a problem if you go too far.
              Here's the thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...1100-Kat/page2
              sigpicJohn Kat
              My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
              GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

John thanks for the reply... this will be my next project and I have accumulated heaps of parts ready to go. Just got to finish my RG5 build.
                So what you are saying is that I don't need to worry about extensions.. I'm pleased about that. Ground clearance maybe an issue but time will tell. Using Honda triple clamp will help.
                Hell its been done enough times that I plan to just follow the recipe.

Comment

For added ground clearance consider 4 into 2 into 1 pipes, or 4 into 1 flat collector pipes.

I have Bandit forks on my GS1085 and I haven't bottomed out with 4.5" of ground clearance, close a couple of times but no BANG, oh **** issues.
                  1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
                  1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Working...
                  X