No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the other nice feature is being able to check and change clutch plates without draining any oil. It also has a rubber re-usable seal. cheaper than having to change the paper gasket which I always have trouble with leaks.

None of this is reasonable for buying it for the street. But the kool factor is big and I love as many s/s hex bolts as I can get.

It was a stupid purchase. A Christmas gift I guess.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman
      the other nice feature is being able to check and change clutch plates without draining any oil.
      Whoa! How is that accomplished? You can take that thing off and remove/replace plates without draining the oil!? That is way kool!

It was a stupid purchase. A Christmas gift I guess.
      Why so if it is as kool as described above?

Comment

iF you look close Hoomgar you will see the inner circle is bolted on and is removable while leaving the outer in place. The inner is above the oil level.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

iF you look close Hoomgar you will see the inner circle is bolted on and is removable while leaving the outer in place. The inner is above the oil level.
          Oh man! I missed that! That totally rocks. And then being sealed with an o-ring, man

So now I can see it's allure for sure.

Comment

I used to just lean my bike handlebars against the garage wall with the bike in gear and the wheels chokked with 2x4s to prevent rolling.

The oil would go to the other side of the engine so it wouldn't flow out when I did clutch spring work.

But hey, no cool factor. - Dieter

Comment

don't forget re-usable o-ring too.........
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The YOSH STAGE II cams I bought are for a 2v 1100 and don't fit. I cannot believe the problems I am having getting this motor buttoned up.

I ordered some WEBCAMS from APE today and they are out of stock so have to wait till WEB sends them some. There is no hurry to get this done now it is winter but I am really buggin to see that hole filled in my frame.

I am going to pick up the motor tomorrow to fit it into the frame and finish some odds and ends. Then I will take her back to have the cams installed and degreed when they arrive.

So I will have an oppertunity to post a couple of pics with the motor in place.....I can't believe it. it is so close to being done I can taste it.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The YOSH STAGE II cams I bought are for a 2v 1100 and don't fit. I cannot believe the problems I am having getting this motor buttoned up.

I ordered some WEBCAMS from APE today and they are out of stock so have to wait till WEB sends them some. There is no hurry to get this done now it is winter but I am really buggin to see that hole filled in my frame.

I am going to pick up the motor tomorrow to fit it into the frame and finish some odds and ends. Then I will take her back to have the cams installed and degreed when they arrive.

So I will have an oppertunity to post a couple of pics with the motor in place.....I can't believe it. it is so close to being done I can taste it.

Argh!!!! I feel your pain brother. Seems these things just are not designed to come together quickly.

How is it that they build entire bikes on the biker build offs in 7 days but it takes us over a year to assemble a Jap bike that was made by the thousands? Something is wrong :?

It will come together for you man. As I keep being told, "good things come to those who wait" I know your turn is coming. You've certainly paid your dues.

Comment

Cams will be in next week. You get an idea of where it's going. Man it is nice to see it together. Few odds and ends and she will be ready for fire.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin bout

Rock on Rob!

Lookin good baby!

Comment

MAN!!! THAT'S HOT!!!! 8O .......... 8) 8) :twisted:

Comment

Now lets HEAR it!!!
                          1982 GS1000S Katana
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

I had to come back for another look... thats one hot looking bike. I'm looking forward to hearing the details when you fire it up and get it tuned in.
                            1982 GS1000S Katana
                            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Veeery nice Rob!

Comment

I installed a billit oil catch can to cantain any blow by from hard riding. Not a lot of room to shoe horn it in.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X