X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very very nice.

Comment

Now that will hold some oil...

I bet it cost more than my Ruby Red bottles.

Comment

Hey Rob....looking good there!!

Maybe we should run for pink slips

I've never seen anybody hook up an oil cooler lines to those ports by the filter cover. Do you know something I don't...OK alot?
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Jake,

those are the oil by-pass's. You have to use an 1150 oil filter cover to use these because it has a restrictor in it to force oil up the by-pass to the cooler. If you use the 1100 cap no or little oil gets up there. You can read about it with pics somewhere on "performance mods", I posted pics of both 1100 and 1150's to compare. oh here it is.

Suxi engineers obviously thought about it and made provisions for it but never installed the cooler on the early 80's 1100's. I believe they are a 14mm x 1.5 pitch to -6 line. Don't buy from Earl's for 30.00 plus shipping go to a hydrolic supply company and get the fittings for 5.00 like I did.

here is another shot of it.

If you can't find any I can send you some for 5.00 plus shipping. But remember you need the 1150 oil filter cap..........

safety tip: if you take off the cooler and forget to replace the 1100 filter cap you will "anchor" your engine in short order.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Can you please tell me the part number for the 1150 cover?
            And would my old gasket still work?

Comment

here is a wiring diagram for an 82 katana: I've included a dyna S ignition and rev limiter setup. Should be very similar to the 1100E. I don't think I missed anything but wouldn't be surprised.....since I SUCK at electrical. You may find some errors but it will get you close.

I tried to lay it out how it looks on the ground with the off-shoots in the correct order from front to back for easy locating.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                Hi Rob,

31.49 at bike bandit.com here is the number. 485625-001

cheers.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                  Originally posted by robinjo
                  Hi Rob,

31.49 at bike bandit.com here is the number. 485625-001

cheers.
                  Thanks Rob!

Comment

I have been messing around with paint scheems again. Does anyone like this version.
                    I know my last version didn't get good results but I really like this one and think this will be it.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

those quick access clutch covers sure have crapy castings...
                      I spent hours grinding and sanding it to get it to a point where I can get it powder coated.
                      Rough and pitted like you would not believe for a 250.00 item. Very dissapinting for a U.S. manufacturer.
                      Though they are prob. made off shore but quality control should be better.
                      If anyone is thinking of getting one book a day (full day) of prep for paint.
                      3 days if you don't have a rotory tool or die grinder.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

We actually make something in the USA? Novel idea.

Comment

Those covers are actually made in Australia. And yes they are cast a bit rough. They have a very industrial look to them, very heavy-duty looking. I wanted to polish mine, but said screw that when I seen them. I just left mine natural.

Comment

How does it look now that you grinded on it.

Comment

OMG! 8O
                              rob, the bike looks fantastic!
                              hadn't been on this forum lately...
                              can't get over the amount of time and obstacles, not to mention $$$
                              you've spent on this project.

very very nice,
                              i would stick with a sleeper paint job.
                              the bike is so well engineered it should look like a classic

my 2 cents! again, very nice

you the man! 8)

Comment

Well I broke down and polished and painted the cover. what a job that was. I had taken it to a shop last week and they extimated 225.00 to polish it well enough for powder coat..not even a show polish. I said nuts to that.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X