No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long have you been running that engine?

you may have just saved me 700 bucks...Canadian that is.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

PMFR WEBSITE HAS BEEN HACKED.

anyone having the edress give them a shout and let them know.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Last year it was a stock engine and I had about 250 runs last year and my best time was 7.18 in the 1/8. But in Dec I put in the 1166 13-1 pistons, g4 cams, 38mm cv carbs, air shifter and made about 80 runs this year untill 2 months ago I installed the 7" slick and 5/8 offset sprocket and made about 39 runs. This month I installed the wheelie bars and made 11 runs before cracking the mount. So I got over 50 runs on the 5/8 off set and no problems..........yet.

The day you install some wheelie bars is when you'll start breaking something 8O

If you ride normal with just a few outburst's from time to time you should be OK. Or you can just go with a stronger output shaft, GS Zone has one for about $300, still alittle pricey
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Last year it was a stock engine and I had about 250 runs last year and my best time was 7.18 in the 1/8. But in Dec I put in the 1166 13-1 pistons, g4 cams, 38mm cv carbs, air shifter and made about 80 runs this year untill 2 months ago I installed the 7" slick and 5/8 offset sprocket and made about 39 runs. This month I installed the wheelie bars and made 11 runs before cracking the mount. So I got over 50 runs on the 5/8 off set and no problems..........yet.

The day you install some wheelie bars is when you'll start breaking something
          Jake, thanks for the info. I have a 5/8 offset sprocket on mine and have been a bit worried about not having the support. This calms the fears a bit as it's going to be street driven.

Comment

OK Jake,

So according to my calc. you have run that engine about 350 seconds or 5.83 minutes?? with no problems.......lol

I think I will get the support bearing. ahahahah

katman
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Swanny,

how long has yours held together?
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                OK Jake,

So according to my calc. you have run that engine about 350 seconds or 5.83 minutes?? with no problems.......lol

I think I will get the support bearing. ahahahah

katman
                Well I would stay on the gas longer but I seem to run out of track and my bike does'nt make a very good dirt bike with that slick.

Plus don't forget my burnouts are longer than my run's so that should at least double my time, say 12 minutes.
                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Here is my latest version I think I like better. Or I can keep everyone guessing with this one?

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

late your bike is amazing!!! if u wouldnt mind could u post some details like your frame , swingarm , wheeles , plastics , etc.. thanks

Comment

I counted 380 passes. At 7 seconds average ballpark figure that would be 2660 seconds plus burnouts. Am I missing something here, is my math that bad?

Comment

Only 50 of those passes were with the 5/8 offset cog....................

read carefully.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

read carefully.

is that your bike?
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

read carefully.

is that your bike?
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Swanny,

how long has yours held together?
                              It isn't running yet.

Comment

I called PMFR today and told them their site has been compromized so they are looking into it. I also ordered the 5/8 outboard support kit while I was on the phone in a fit of impulsive buying.

Help I am in Deeeeep. and getting deeper. I feel like buddy on "The Abiss" but the first twist of the whick and it will be all worth it.
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X