No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeap, just like my Harley used to have the Made In America badge, flip it over and it said made in Tawan. Didn't make much sence, forks JMC, wheels Australia, chrome goodies Tawan. Well at least the gasoline is made in America, oops we import that too.

Looking for a badge that says not made in America
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

that was an ebay purchase Ed.

I have a stock black upper you can have for cheap.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Another glitch.....

my new welded heavy duty clutch has an 1150 gear on it and won't fit.....ahahahahahahah. LOVE IT!

Do I send it back and get it changed or do I sell the 1150 complete basket and do another one???????

I will think about it for a day or two...the bottom end is together..saw it today when I picked up my basket. I also had my first blown engine nightmare last night so it must be getting close.....lol.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

got my second kat 1100 motor today...Now I have everything I need to start the next project...think I will wait a bit till the main one is on the road though......

It's got an after market oil filter cap with the oil fittings in it..why I don't know? the 1100's don't need em. there are supposed to be a few other goodies on it. I will see when I open it up.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
            got my second kat 1100 motor today...Now I have everything I need to start the next project...think I will wait a bit till the main one is on the road though......

It's got an after market oil filter cap with the oil fittings in it..why I don't know? the 1100's don't need em. there are supposed to be a few other goodies on it. I will see when I open it up.
            Sounds like you need to start yet another thread

Rock on man!

Comment

Here is the motor I picked up for that set of 99 forks I had. I don't know if I am keeping it for a spare and find another one for next project or use it.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

hey katman,which year 1100 engine fits straight in to an 81 750, do you know ?thanks ...h.g.

Comment

...don't rub it in.......

Comment

Here is the motor I picked up for that set of 99 forks I had. I don't know if I am keeping it for a spare and find another one for next project or use it.
                    Dude, I have two questions for you- where do you find all this sweet stuff, and where the heck do you find all the money?

Man that looks like one sweet engine there...
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
                      hey katman,which year 1100 engine fits straight in to an 81 750, do you know ?thanks ...h.g.
                      81,82.83 1100's will all fit. You just need to make a new lower motor mount and move the motor mounting hole ahead about an inch or so and it's all good.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrop
                        ...don't rub it in.......
                        Sorry Mark.......this is an unknown engine too. looks good but there is a welded crack on the top of the clutch hounsing top of cases. will have to have a look inside and see what that is all about and it hasn't ran in many years....but it sure looks good and seems to have good compresion (by feel) not gauge.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                          Dude, I have two questions for you- where do you find all this sweet stuff, and where the heck do you find all the money?

Man that looks like one sweet engine there...
                          What can I say...I'm a hunter gatherer with a great wife and I have a nack for sniffin out the good deals....
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

If your going to do another ground up restoration then why not just use that engine? You'll be rebuilding it any way then and it looks clean!

Let us know what you find if and when you get around to cracking it open.

Comment

oops
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                                If your going to do another ground up restoration then why not just use that engine? You'll be rebuilding it any way then and it looks clean!

Let us know what you find if and when you get around to cracking it open.
                                I'm not going to rebuild this motor. I don't have the money. it will be a sold as is.

I am thinking of just putting it together with the inverted forks and 180 wheel, smoothbores, new header, topend oiler, oil cooler, yosh cams and so forth and try to get 3500.00 for it.

it will need paint and some attention still but a real nice beginning for someone. I can't afford to build it bottom up like the one I am doing now. ebay deals have ripped me off to many times and I am tooooo far in the hole on this one......I need to recoup some capital............

the alternative is to part it out.
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X