84 gs1150ef performance ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 gs1150ef performance ignition

Looking for suggestions/tips on replacement coils/wires/plugs etc for DBB. It's stock engine with 4-1 yosh and k&n pods, dynajet kit installed. I'm looking at making some performance improvments in the future and want to start out with a good base, in other words, I don't wanna throw money away "cause I shoulda bought this"

I'm thinking new cams and valvetrain, and if the minister of war and finance gives the ok, perhaps a big bore kit (1245)

I live near Windsor, ontario, so ontario/michigan/ohio are all a short drive for pickin up stuff.

thanks in advance

A Dynatek 2000 system is one you could buy & will work from stock street to 8 second dragbike. It has a start retard for the ignition so you can use a billet advancer & I THINK it will fit under the 1150 ignition cover. Ray.

Comment

What he said and it does fit under the 1150 ignition cover.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, any suggestions on where to look? I have an address in Michigan to ship anything to, so that's not a problem.

Comment

As a sidenote, I've noticed all coils are not created equal, and are priced accordingly. What the difference between them?
          I'm assuming the ign wires would need to be upgraded to 8mm?
          Anyone offer a kit of some sort that includes module, coils, wires etc?
          I don't mind spending a couple bucks extra now, to not have to replace it if/when further modest performance upgrades are made....essentially I wanna build an 8.50 machine with a 10.5 engine for now.

Comment

Dynatek sells the 2000 with coils
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The Dyna coils that work with the 2000 are the Gray (2.2 ohm) and Green (3 ohm) ones. With these coils you would need some new wires, like Dyna's gray 8mm suppression wires.

Comment

I like dynatek everything

Dyna ignitions are great -if you use only dyna parts and wire them right they are hands down the best. track or street

- a basic set up like a "S" unit, green coils (3ohm), dyna wires and the stock advancer are perfectly fine for 10K rpm blasts - and full out top speed. super small and compact. This is my first choice.. plus!

it works perfectly with all the other cool gadgets like the shift minder, shift counter. drl 400 , etc - if you need them you can easily add - or not.

I would buy the 2000 unit if I were going to use Nitrous

I sold my 4000sp it is HUGE and is designed to rev to 13K. with a 2 step no retard.. nope - got a lot for it on ebay

you won't "Feel" any faster,, just problem free - no matter if you have a charging system or not.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                X