Oil Cooler Effectiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
    50K and not one leak. Earls quality all the way.
    I used Earl's fittings when I made my stainless lines. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Bike looks very clean
      Except for the oil cooler.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Except for the oil cooler.
        Gee im really sorry suzuki put the oil cooler outlet behind the barrel and not down below like a GSX1100. Yes its "not clean" but as for a effective cooler both lines are short as possable and its not that out of place. Take not, there isnt anything on there that dont have to be to make that bike faster than standard. No bling, no chicken strips and surely no pi##ie cooler that wont cool a engine in that tune in aussie weather.

Comment

Gee im really sorry suzuki put the oil cooler outlet behind the barrel and not down below like a GSX1100. Yes its "not clean" but as for a effective cooler both lines are short as possable and its not that out of place. Take not, there isnt anything on there that dont have to be to make that bike faster than standard. No bling, no chicken strips and surely no pi##ie cooler that wont cool a engine in that tune in aussie weather.
          I have seen enough pictures of classic 8V bikes with oil cooler, that it reminds me of a samurai sword. Very nice an clean.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            I have seen enough pictures of classic 8V bikes with oil cooler, that it reminds me of a samurai sword. Very nice an clean.
            thanks...

Comment

I like it as well. Very nice installation.

Comment

Hey Sharpy, what cooler is that?? I've been looking to get one on my GS750 for a while now but can't find anything suitable that isn't outrageously priced!
                Regards,
                Andy
                Queensland Australia

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_PIC00011.jpg
                GS750B (1977)
                Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Originally posted by GS750 View Post
                  Hey Sharpy, what cooler is that?? I've been looking to get one on my GS750 for a while now but can't find anything suitable that isn't outrageously priced!
                  Keep looking sad to say, it cost a fortune to set that up.

Comment

Oil coolers are not recommended for the 16 valve GS750s with plain (friction) bearings. Issues with losing some oil pressure which would not be good for the cams nor the crank shaft bearings. Not sure the shimming of the oil pressure relief value would over come the loss of pressure with an oil cooler on these particular bikes.
                    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

???
                      Don't the Air/Oil GSXR have a BIG cooler? And the new water engines also have small oil coolers.
                      G
                      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
                        ???
                        Don't the Air/Oil GSXR have a BIG cooler? And the new water engines also have small oil coolers.
                        G
                        Talking about the 80/81/82 models mostly. Things changed a bit after that I do believe, just not sure when.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                          Oil coolers are not recommended for the 16 valve GS750s with plain (friction) bearings. Issues with losing some oil pressure
                          Not so for the '82 1100 16-valve (EZ), correct? I mean the engine block is practically begging for one!
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Not so for the '82 1100 16-valve (EZ), correct? I mean the engine block is practically begging for one!
                            The 1100's had roller bearings on the crank, not the frictions ones like the 750s, so adding a oil cooler to an 1100 isn't a big deal. And no the engine block isn't really begging for one, it depends on how you ride the bike, if you like lots of rpms etc etc, then yes by all means get one.
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

gday mate, we ride in temps here in traffic in a city that has 46celcius, for 2 weeks on end, Adelaide Australia, (do the conversion) standard 1135ef in good condition, regular oil. and filter, with standard oil cooler is fine, just keep your fluids up, cos the bike will outlast you.

Comment

but engine cases are being cooled, by moving thru air, ? I think frying of stator would be coming from electrical input, and would only last for milliseconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X