Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best upgrade for these old bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are a few pics of it.

That seat has to go eventually.

Comment

To answer the title question: suspension, tires and brake PADS.

Comment

[ Between this bike and modding out my ram I swear my wife's going to divorce me. lol.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes this is a good thing.

Black looks great!
        Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I actually rattle canned all my paint. It's not very oil and gas resistant so I have to be careful but for this 32 year old bike I figured I wouldn't go all out the first time.

Comment

Nice Bike!

Originally posted by thkbaron View Post
            here are a few pics of it.

That seat has to go eventually.

Thanks for posting pics! I have a "T" with an "L" seat...and your's is 16V with dual-disks. Did you paint your pipe(s) or change to 4-1? I can't see the left side too well.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Thanks for posting pics! I have a "T" with an "L" seat...and your's is 16V with dual-disks. Did you paint your pipe(s) or change to 4-1? I can't see the left side too well.

Ed
              I found a stock set out of nevada and painted it. wrapped the headers in case the paint decided to peel there. I like the looks of it too.

Comment

My signature gives you an idea what I have done to mine. And yes, I did the change out to a series R/R Compufire long time ago.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

IMO, one important mod is the addition of a headlight relay setup -- the functional equivalent of this one . These do amazing things with your headlight brightness and, therefore, safety. I opted for the unit I linked to, and it was really money well spent.
                  and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________
                  2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
                    OK, less stress on the system in general makes sense. Thanks.
                    We dont run headlights through the day here(unless you want to), but i can see why that would make a difference + blinkers e.t.c
                    Oh geez.landshark. Please turn your headlight on if you don't already. It's a lifesaver. I notice a definite difference as to folks pulling out of side-streets in front of me , if I forget to turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                      Oh geez.landshark. Please turn your headlight on if you don't already. It's a lifesaver. I notice a definite difference as to folks pulling out of side-streets in front of me , if I forget to turn it on.
                      If you have not voted Please do.

Moto Viz

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                        IMO, one important mod is the addition of a headlight relay setup -- the functional equivalent of this one . These do amazing things with your headlight brightness and, therefore, safety. I opted for the unit I linked to, and it was really money well spent.

Or as I prefer:

Moto Viz

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          I sometimes do, i just dont remember to turn it on all the time.

Comment

The best upgrades I did to my bike are:
                            -modern tires
                            -progressive front springs
                            -stainless steel brake lines, pads could also be upgraded for better performance

Comment

Working...
                            X