X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide shift? yes or no?

Hi

Me again

this might be a stupid question but someone's gotta ask it.

anybody got or ever ridden a suicide shift bike either the ''proper'' way with the foot clutch or with the clutch on the shiftier its self?

and ideas how i could maybe give if a go on gs750/ soon to be gs1000 chop?

cheers Dan

Why not just go out in heavy traffic, pin the throttle and close your eyes?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

ha-ha well I've done that already plus this is not for like ''fast'' riding will just be for the weekends where i go out for a few hours or to a bike rally.

but its just an idea i really like the idea of them i know there is a massive chance ill ride it and hate it but i still just want to see and feel what its like.

Comment

Darwin award winner in training...

Does your bike have an open exhaust?
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Riding is difficult and dangerous enough as it is why make it more so?

It's not know as a "suicide shift" for no reason now is it.

Stick with a standard setup.

Comment

Actually yes I have ridden a couple different bikes with foot clutch, and 1 with tank shift and 1 suicide as you call it , down under the leg on the left side. It wasn't to bad once you got the hang of it but it really keeps you on your toes. One bike was a old 48-49 Harley "45" , the other was a "59" Harley pan head.
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Why not just go out in heavy traffic, pin the throttle and close your eyes?
              Now that one made me laugh, and I'm usually pretty surly! Chopping one of these things is a waste of a good motorcycle, hell no on the suicide shifter!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwichmascara View Post
                Hi

Me again

anybody got or ever ridden a suicide shift bike either the ''proper'' way with the foot clutch or with the clutch on the shiftier its self?

cheers Dan

Chop it up! I've got a foot clutch and tank shift on my Intruder and it's awesome. I've got a foot clutch and jockey shift on another bike and my buddy has a full suicide clutch on his with no front brake. Go for it. You gotta be good though.

Comment

Can't imagine having to downshift three times in a second to survive and dealing with some crazy lame ass shifter at the same time. WTH, we all need parts bikes and organ donors.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

HELLL NO!!! No suicide shift!
                    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Hi

Me again

cheers Dan
                      Go for it! And when you're not trying to find out why it's called a suicide clutch, spend your free time playing Russian Roulette. Odds of survival are about the same......

..... this is not for like ''fast'' riding will just be for the weekends where i go out for a few hours or to a bike rally......
                      Which is exactly when you'd kill yourself. "I'm not really riding fast or anything..." means your guard is down.

Good Luck. Make sure your life insurance is paid, and send my advance condolences to your loved ones..

Comment

If you want to shift gears with your left hand, just buy one of these... Its even Japanese!

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
                          If you want to shift gears with your left hand, just buy one of these... Its even Japanese!
                          It has a foot clutch, too.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi

Me again

cheers Dan
                            Ahem...gonna do this in my best British accent...are you bloody daff?

How was that? Is daff the correct spelling?
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Got a good chuckle out of this.
                              I am thinking if the guy does with it what hes thinking, he should first remove a couple pistons, to make more harley-ish running and sounding.

Comment

Working...
                              X