Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any concensus on what's the best steel brake line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the Canadian Motovan Catalogue the price is 300 with tax for a GS1100EX. They were plastic coated Russell lines. I bought 3 lines, 6 banjos, a double length banjo bolt with switch, and a box of 10 washers for this price. I had to get a 2" longer line for the back though... I'll post lengths once I get it all together.

Lines are generally 50 bucks each and 10 bucks per banjo, regardless of length.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq
      They list the Russell front lines at $175 for the '82 1100E....guess you guys got a heck of a deal!
      I placed the order over the phone. When the sales person told me that the lines were uncoated I hesitated to go for them. She then offered me a 50% discount which I couldn't pass up (justified it by saying that it was a part for an old bike - second time that's happened to me). I put some tygon tubing over the sections that might rub against other parts. They work great and look fine.

Jeff

Comment

One other thing I forgot is that you need to adjust the brake light switch when you switch to braided lines. Your bike will be doing cartwheels down the road before the brake light comes on. 8O It is pretty tricky to get it working with braided lines because you're trying to set-up a hair trigger with low tolerance parts.

Steve

Comment

I managed to score a nos Russell rear kit .....unfortunately, no matching front ...it is uncoated Russell Cycleflex ss line wth the end fittings and new crush washers....the stock banjo bolts have to be re-used.....still, for $25.00 U.S I think its a good deal.

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I managed to score a nos Russell rear kit .....unfortunately, no matching front ...it is uncoated Russell Cycleflex ss line wth the end fittings and new crush washers....the stock banjo bolts have to be re-used.....still, for $25.00 U.S I think its a good deal.

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
            X