Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for Blowerbike, Stetracer and anyone else that has actually done this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for Blowerbike, Stetracer and anyone else that has actually done this

Will the 750 models live happily with the 1000 oil pump gears?
    I realize that the volume/pressure may drop a little but as the 750's were over-built...
    TIA for personally experienced replies.

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
    Will the 750 models live happily with the 1000 oil pump gears?
    I realize that the volume/pressure may drop a little but as the 750's were over-built...
    TIA for personally experienced replies.
    Do NOT do it to a second gen 750!!!
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Do NOT do it to a second gen 750!!!
      Ray.
      110% agree....the 80-82 are insert bearing time bombs anyways.
      the kicker bikes will live on near no oil but...
      suzuki changed the pump gear ratio's for a reason, the reason being that the kicker bikes have a different(slower)ratio primary gears so the basket turns slower.
      hence the need to speed the oil pump up.

Comment

Perhaps I was not clear enough with my request. I want to know if the first generation/roller bearing engines will live a long/happy life with the first generation 1000 pump gears/ratio so that I may steal the 750 parts for another engine.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
          Perhaps I was not clear enough with my request. I want to know if the first generation/roller bearing engines will live a long/happy life with the first generation 1000 pump gears/ratio so that I may steal the 750 parts for another engine.
          i have only gutted these engine for there internals....
          as far as lowering the oil pressure/volume in gen 1 750's..i have no clue if any damage would a cure.

Comment

"Perhaps Terry wasn't clear enough in his answer!" The 750 got different oil pump gears to make up for slowing the clutch hub down with a 99 tooth gear. If you want to slow the pump down go ahead. If you have a failure please let everyone know so no one else will do something stupid!
            Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X