Strange looking Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange looking Suzuki

Spent the past few days working on this little Suzuki for this weekends race in St. Louis.

It's going to be fun just to see what kind of times it will turn. I am guessing in the mid 11's with my last changes.

That's awesome
    What engine is that on there?

Comment

Rock On..looks like a old GT two stroker, what size motor is it? any mods to the engine?

Comment

I could not stand to work on a drag bike that was not a Suzuki. So when we made the cover for the lockup....

It is a nice little bike. Needed a lot of TLC. This time out it's got a 350 top end, shaved heads, too large of carborators, expansion pipes, lockup clutch with a welded basket, 7" slick and some major frame work. It's very light and the driver is under 100 lbs. He will be running ProET with it. It's good to see a few kids with an interest in the sport.

If you havn't figured it out, it's a Yamaha RD-250, well, was an RD-250

Have a good weekend.

Comment

I was thinking 360 or 380 ram air engine since I thought it was an old school Suzuki. Man was I off

Cool project. Wish you were my neighbor And I am sure your glad I am not!

LOL!

Comment

Mark, I had an old GT when I was younger with the ram air but it was a tripple. Also had an old Kaw 500 tripple. They were the bike in those days.

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            Cool project. Wish you were my neighbor And I am sure your glad I am not! LOL!
            Depends if you could put up with the noise or not!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
              Depends if you could put up with the noise or not!!
              Guarantee that would not be a problem. The problem would be getting me to go home!

Comment

Neat bike.
                What sort of times are you getting?
                There's a guy here in UK with a RD400 Yam who runs 9.6sec 1/4's

Comment

Huh? What? Did somebody say "old GT"?

Comment

I had a GT750K once..wish I had kept it. It was replaced by the GS as the new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                      Neat bike.
                      I'll update that, he's run 8.8 secs over the 1/4 with nitrous 8O 8O

Comment

Hi is that Ric Naylor?
                        I used to have a 2 stroke a long time ago and I believe Harry Barlow custom made the pipes for him
                        Cool things 2 strokes but they always need tinkering.
                        Mikey

Comment

Neat bike.
                          The rider / bike combination had been running mid 12's. The first day we saw some 12.0 times, but the 11 seconds evaded us. On the second day we saw a 11.8 pass. The best run (also the last run) of the day we saw a R/T 0.61, 60 foot 1.713, 1/8th 7.119 @ 95.37 and 1/4 11.406 @ 106.85. Chopped hard at end. No spray of course. My guess is we would have seen a 11.2 had he held it. I really did not care about the E/T but was working on getting the bike to run more consistant. Kid did a great job driving. It's his second Pro event and he is still getting used to the bike. ESPN2 interviewed so you may see him in October.

All in all it was a great weekend. A lot of records were set. The head US RD man was there to try and set a new record but the back axle could not take the force. Larry ran a 235 that I was able to go watch. The street bike shootout was a great show and the T/G and S/C classes were running dead on.

That Suzuki plate sure did mess with a lot of people!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey
                            Hi is that Ric Naylor?
                            I used to have a 2 stroke a long time ago and I believe Harry Barlow custom made the pipes for him
                            Cool things 2 strokes but they always need tinkering.
                            Mikey
                            No, it's a guy called Jerry Collier.
                            Races under the name Jade Racing.
                            I think that he works (or worked) for Harry Barlow though!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
                              Neat bike.
                              The rider / bike combination had been running mid 12's. The first day we saw some 12.0 times, but the 11 seconds evaded us. On the second day we saw a 11.8 pass. The best run (also the last run) of the day we saw a R/T 0.61, 60 foot 1.713, 1/8th 7.119 @ 95.37 and 1/4 11.406 @ 106.85. Chopped hard at end. No spray of course. My guess is we would have seen a 11.2 had he held it. I really did not care about the E/T but was working on getting the bike to run more consistant. Kid did a great job driving. It's his second Pro event and he is still getting used to the bike. ESPN2 interviewed so you may see him in October.

All in all it was a great weekend. A lot of records were set. The head US RD man was there to try and set a new record but the back axle could not take the force. Larry ran a 235 that I was able to go watch. The street bike shootout was a great show and the T/G and S/C classes were running dead on.

That Suzuki plate sure did mess with a lot of people!
                              Thats a very respectable performance. Top end speeds are harder to acheive with a small capacity motor.
                              Is the clutch air cooled? I see you have got a lock-up on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X