No announcement yet.

1327cc Stock Block GS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question I want answered is for a street bike what else do I need to do to my 1150 to have a reliable 1327cc engine.

Except...

adjustable cams
    manual cam chain tensioner
    slotted sprockets
    750 oil pump gears

And .... clutch what?

I know head work will make this a fire breathing monster but I do like the idea of a torque monster as Rapidray speaks about.
    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500, :D
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Arronduke View Post
      The question I want answered is for a street bike what else do I need to do to my 1150 to have a reliable 1327cc engine.

Except...

adjustable cams
      slotted sprockets
      750 oil pump gears

And .... clutch what?

I know head work will make this a fire breathing monster but I do like the idea of a torque monster as Rapidray speaks about.
      Scardy Kat ; call Ray.

Comment

I've been reading about vibration issues with stock 1135 motors (compared to stock 1075 motors).

How are these souped up big bore engines in that regard?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          I've been reading about vibration issues with stock 1135 motors (compared to stock 1075 motors).

How are these souped up big bore engines in that regard?
          I'm wondering if it is the 20 mm piston pins.

Comment

Originally posted by Arronduke View Post

Except...

adjustable cams
            slotted sprockets
            750 oil pump gears

And .... clutch what?

Add to that case & cylinder studs, a top end oiler & a GSXR oil cooler & you are good.
            Ray.

Comment

What kind of power could a 1327 make with stock, degreed cams, a full exhaust, RS36 carbs and pods, and a decent valve job?
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Comp

Now someone needs to offer a nice aggressive CNC port job that wont cost you an arm and a leg, I wont hold my breath on that one.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red1100E View Post
                  Now someone needs to offer a nice aggressive CNC port job that wont cost you an arm and a leg, I wont hold my breath on that one.
                  Some of us don't NEED cnc machines to do our porting. I started doing head work in my Dad's shop in 1975 when I was 14. Grew up in a race shop & been porting by hand for almost 40 years now. Trust me, I KNOW what works.
                  Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    What kind of power could a 1327 make with stock, degreed cams, a full exhaust, RS36 carbs and pods, and a decent valve job?
                    Probably 145-155 but the torque would be even better than the hp! Just doing a street port on the head would be good for another 10-15.
                    Ray.

Comment

Holy crap. OK, maybe I should reconsider the 1229 idea ...
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

The ONLY substitute for cubic inches is cubic WALLET!!!
                        Ray.

Comment

True enough, LOL. The 1327 kit seems reasonably affordable, especially since I have RS36 carbs, pods, slotted cam sprockets, and a good machinist who specializes in motorcycles.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Is a sleeved 1327 going to run significantly hotter than a 1229?
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

It should be close to the same as long as it is 10 to 1. I would still use a GSXR oil cooler.
                              Ray.

Comment

Then this is the way to go, for sure. VERY cool info, Ray! Thank you.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X