Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilRock View Post
    Hummmm. Not the way I was doing it.

I think I should just take all the caps off and sync them. That would make it quicker.

I'm going to get some seat time and reconsider.

There's got to be some inherent reason the 1150 vibrates more than its predecessor. Suzuki added rubber engine mounts in the front, and those big bar end weights for a reason, eh? And I'm sure every bike is different.
    Yeah, it's different for the RS carbs. And from what I've read, the some of the 1150 cranks are balanced more precisely than others.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilRock View Post
      When I was adjusting them this morning, at first I turned #4 about a 1/4 turn and the mercury went right to the top of the glass (plastic). I don't think it would be the end of the world if it happened, but I don't really want to run it through the engine.

There's probably less vacuum at 4500 than at 700.
      End of the world, possibly, think about it liquid metal (mercury) going through your valves,liquid metal does not compress I have always been told and may cause drastic damages, bent valves etc. if ingested into the engine. I have always stayed away from it due to that factor, I was instructed to never rev the engine up and shut it down quickly while connected to the sticks in order to prevent it from being sucked into the engine where catastrophic damage could occur. Always used gauges myself, I was told sticks were more so for 2 stroke snowmobiles etc.. Again just what I have heard can't say from experience.
      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
      X