Will these fit on my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these fit on my bike?

I have sourced out some throttle bodies for putting megasquirt fuelinjection on my '78 gs100 and would like to know if the throttle bodies from a 2000 Suzuki GSXR750 throttle-bodies would fit on my bike.

Thanx in advance.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

NO

Never mind the electrical problems the throtle bodies will not physically fit
    do to interference with the main frame tube

Comment

From what i can see they are at least the same size as my carbs or even smaller.

As for the electrical, I am a Computer Engineering Technologist, and am currently fitting a megasquirt system to a kawasaki dragbike.
      Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

when you figure out how to install the fuel injection unit in working order please let us know the details as some of us would like to do the same

Comment

The biggest reason most manufacturers use to shy away from fuel injection is the inablility to control engine temperatures on air cooled motors. In the day of air cooled designs technology didn't allow for writing maps sophisticated enough to handle the job. Your money might be better spent on RS flatslides.

Comment

After having extensive experience with the later models with injection I question how you will mount the sensors to the engine. We`re talking a lot of work.Lets see you will have to have engine temp,cam,crank,airbox and air temp sensors. I can sssure you from experience that if only one is off you have big problems. I can remember the first hayabusa we tried to degree cams on......you learn the hard way about injection. Good luck though I would be VERY interested if you make it work. One last question are you going to make this mechanical injection without the sensors??? Which means your injection will only fire based off crankshaft position and will not adjust for conditions. Keep us posted.

Comment

The throttle body spacing may not be the same as the intake port spacing on your 1000 head. Those throttle bodies are also larger than the intake ports on a 78 head.
              On a more positive note, there's a guy who posts on the megasquirt forum who has an 81 XS1100 Yamaha running, but not dialed in. I think he used 600 cc throttle bodies.
              As for difficulties due to air cooling, they can be overcome, but it will take lots of hard work (VW & Porsche had EFI on air cooled motors in the mid eighties) The obvious problem is the coolant temp sensor. Perhaps oil temp or cylinder head temp can be subsituted. You'll have to find out what kind of input the CPU expects to see from the coolant temp sensor.
              Good luck & keep us posted

Comment

The minimum inputs that the megasquirt needs to run are Throttle position, manifold pressure and an RPM signal(from MSD, or negative terminal on a coil). But it also has input for Air temperature, coolant temperature (there are temp sensors that go under a sparkplug for air cooled), and O2 sensor. The tuning software allows you to create correction tables for different brands/styles of temperature sensors.
                Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Very cool project you got there, taking the old 1000 into the 21th century! Are you going to use the stock airbox? can you hide all the sensors and wires or are they going to stick out like a banana in a box of blackberries? Any more work being done to the motor? like cams and pipes?

Comment

The bike already had 4-1 when Ii bought it, but I don't know if they are performance pipes, and it also has pod filters. That is an interesting idea of keeping the stock airbox and hiding as much of the wireing as possible. It would be my sleeper. Cams will be done in the future as well as welded crank and APE Nut on the clutch. The Megasquirt uses a map of Volumetric Efficiencies combined with all the sensor inputs, so, with new cams and what not, it will be realatively easy to adjust for changes. We all know how hard it is to pull the carbs off with the stock airbox.
                    Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Hey,

You "go with thottle up" Flatline. Anybody can thow on a set of flatslides. Blaze a trail Bubba, and make us proud.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
                      X