How many of you have said "what the hell" and done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you have said "what the hell" and done

Today, I was tinkering on the Ol' 650...and I had this idea...
    You know at the end of the exhaust, the baffle area...one big hole w/ 5 or 6 little holes around it...usually only exhaust comes out the big hole...well, I said @#$# it today and took a large, long screwdriver and punched out the little holes as deep as I could go into the cans. I've got a stock exhaust, and I paid practically nothin' for the machine, so who cares right? Well...the bike sounds a hell of a lot louder, and BETTER in my opinion. More like a Inline-4 should sound if ya ask me. Really screams at 7500 now. Anyhoo...How many of you out there have done the same thing, and taken out the ol' screwdriver/hammer combo? I road tested it after, doesn't seem to affect the performance or idle at all...just sounds real real nice...

DEW's are that way, although it's not his doing. I can hear him coming two and a half block away.

Michael

Comment

Yeah, I did that with my '77 Yamaha XS650D, although I only drilled out every SECOND hole. No big difference. Sounded a little better, not obnoxious, and still looked realatively stock. 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
      X