Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calfab-usa is back ,motogpwerks

Hi everyone ,
    Ive been busy for the past 10 months designing and testing swingarms extrusion for my venture on top off that crap load off custom bikes for customers.
    My shop Motogpwerks is across the road from the old calfab building so I own 25+ Gs's currently so i decided to build alot off old school parts under my calfab trademark.
    Here is my Gs swingarm,I was lucky back in 2003 where i worked at moriwaki in suzuka so i learned alot from a japanese guy who worked a mugan (they built factory race swingarms before there was HRC) .
    The old calfab swingarms are soft (due to aging) ,these swingarms have a enternal bracing to stop twisting under loads when entering a corner and exiting .The process off heat treating is the only one used in the world as it is a 2 stage and a deep freeze.No other company does this due to the cost and the amount off time needed between process to straighen the swingarm.
    They come with high end japanese bearings and bolts (small head) and new adjusters ...
    Attached Files

I have also new 'Sand Cast' in magnesium sprocket covers (and other engine covers soon) from my own gs1000r bike we have at the shop ,By end off this year I will be releasing new brake calpiers Monoblock same as F1 bikes 1980-1982 in Magnesium and alloy...just working on testing now with the first sample
    Attached Files

Comment

Our extrusion was designed on a computer and then stress checked through software.
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a very nice piece. Similar to the factory 1100E swing arm but with that internal bracing and the H-beam design, it should be MUCH stronger with little to no flex.
        Projected retail cost and any options as to length? Rear width options?

Comment

Calfab Swingarm

Did they make them back in the 80s for Vance and Hines?I have one need two new self adjusters.

Comment

These are 32-36% more ridged than the oem alloy gs1100 swingram.They are really for guys that pull more HP than stock or use wider wheels than put more pressure and twist while cornering or race in classic vintage racing.

Comment

Wow wow wow! Awesome! It's nice to see quality parts like this for a GS!
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

thanks alot

Comment

They look very nice!
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Beautiful piece! Looking forward to production!

Just a quick question, would you folks provide customer desired changes to the layout of the brake stay?

For example my rear caliper is under-slung on my GS1100 swingarm (Bandit wheel conversion).

Thanks,
                    Daryl
                    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Sorry they are built in lots off 10 so maybe i could change one but I would need the complete brake stay and caplier to check fitment.
                      Right now they are being sold at my cost and the same price as calfab charged on the last year in business .The next will be closer to 900.00 so there could be a dealer margin
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-03-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Please make the GS1000 Yoshimura pipes again!

Comment

One of these? I had to make my own baffle for it as the stock one came with a pittance of packing and was WAY TOO LOUD!!!
                          I have the frame plugs that you might need to seal the ends of the cut frame to fit if you or anyone else needs them.

Comment

What part of the frame do you have to cut?

Comment

Working...
                            X