1980 gs750L rear swing arm extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs750L rear swing arm extension

Hey guys new guy to the forum here! I have been getting alot of good info off your site! Cheers for that!

My issue is, im going over my 1980 gs750L starting a few weeks ago, and i'm wanting to extend the rear swing arm out 6-10 inches, I'm dead set on the look! So what is the best way to go about this? I have seen several pictures of my bike with bolt on replacements from different bikes, as well as cut and modified rear swing arms (which is what im thinking as of right now). My brother is a experienced welder but he seems kindove iffy on the best way to attack it keeping is square. ANY thoughts would be appreciated! Ill add a picture of my project shortly!!

This is the project im starting. Of course its down to the frame right now.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have added a couple of inches to the wheel-base on a '78 750 by simply installing a '79 GS1000E swing arm with the custom made bearing spacers and retaining the stock 750 swing arm bolt without
      drilling the frame to accept the larger 1000E bolt. Not as much as you want but a safe and easy modification.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
        I have added a couple of inches to the wheel-base on a '78 750 by simply installing a '79 GS1000E swing arm with the custom made bearing spacers and retaining the stock 750 swing arm bolt without
        drilling the frame to accept the larger 1000E bolt. Not as much as you want but a safe and easy modification.
        I acutally looked into that, but a couple inches just wouldnt be worth my time

Comment

Get 3rd gen Bandit 1250 swingarm and you can use 1st gen Busa extensions in it then you can use the bandit rear wheel or any newer sport bike rim
          My stable
          84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
          85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
          88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
          98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
          90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
          06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
          00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

I took 2 swing arms and made 1 longer one. -- can't find the right photos. these pix make it look bent.

DSC04383.jpg
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
              I took 2 swing arms and made 1 longer one. -- can't find the right photos. these pix make it look bent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37462[/ATTACH]
              tippivot this seams to be the most affordable way. Where did you cut it? my swingarm doesnt have one spot where its straight it seems like I would have to be super precise. Did you just set up a jig?

Comment

Working...
              X