Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsxr 750 Upside down front end

Well it's finally done I got the front end mounted on my 83 Gs 750
    This did take way more time than I expected but it's soooo nice.
    The brakes are superb and the handling so far seems great.
    There are still a few things left to sort out the instruments will have to be mounted.
    I ended up using lots of zip ties so I could ride home from my buddys house tonight.
    I might consider super motard bars on it.This seems like an easy way out and will save my aging back LOL.
    I will be posting some pics in the near future.
    Mikey

which year model gixxer front did you use?

Comment

at a boy Mikey
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

HI I used a 93 Gsxr750 for it.
        Like so many have said here on the board before getting the fork installed is the easy part.
        whats more of a challenge is getting the clocks and so on installed afterwards. :?
        I guess the riding position really makes for more of a intense position being able to see the front tire touching the ground when leaned over.
        The bike really feels transformed very responsive but steady thanks to the 17" rim.
        know I need to get a decent front tire for it any suggestions?
        Mikey

Comment

my 1100 has a gixxer front end as well. a v-max riser was bolted into the top triple clamp and i'm using clubman bars. handles great feels just right.
          im using bt54s for tyres

Comment

What are you doing on the rear?

You can't run a radial on the stock 2.5in rear rim, so if youre using the stock rear that is going to limit front tire choices.

At the very least you could bolt up a GS1150 3.5in rear - this will allow a 140 rear/120 front tire selection. The Dunlop GT501's would probably be my choice in a non radial.

Best solution is to fit a GSXR or late model Katana 4.5in rear. Now you can run premium radials- 160 rear and 120 front. Dunlop 208's or Michelin Pilot's would be my choice here.

I am doing the same thing to my '83 750E, mounting a Katana 17" front end and late model 4.5in Katana rear so I can run premium radials.
            Photo link below. Good Luck, Ed.

1983 GS750ED
            2005 GSF1200SZ

Comment

mikey, oldskool, i forgot to mention that i also use a gsxr rear wheel on there so my tires are both 17" radials i use battlax bt54s (its a streetbike)
              both my wheels are from a 1989 gsxr limited edition, nice and chromed too...
              the rear wheel seems to bolt right into the 1100 aluminium swingarm i have on there.

Comment

Working...
              X