1983 suzuki gs850gl needing new cables and lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 suzuki gs850gl needing new cables and lines

I just recently bought a 83 gs850gl and I'm having a really hard time finding anyone that sells new clutch, throttle, choke cables and brake lines. I put 14 inch ape hangers on it and if anyone has any ideas is really appreciate the assistance. I also need brake calipers and slave cylinders for my brake system. I also need new control boxes for both sides of my handle bars with wiring harnesses long enough for my new handlebars.

The only thing I can help you with will be the "slave cylinders for [your] brake system".

Simple. You don't have any.

OK, so you do, but they are disguised as the caliper(s).

The unit on the handlebar is the MASTER cylinder, the other end of the line, which would be the "slave" is just the caliper(s) at the wheel.

Good luck finding controls with longer wires. It would be easier, cheaper and quicker to buy matching connectors and just make some extensions.

Most of us tend to go the other way with the bars, putting on shorter bars that let us feel connected to the bike. There are a few that have departed in your direction, hopefully they will chime in soon.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Motion Pro will make custom cables for you.
      Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

You can also make your own brake lines, or have Spiegler make a custom set:

As far as the wiring, consider making extenders. You might be able to pick up a wiring harness on fleaBay and harvest some connectors to make some extenders, or perhaps buy some connectors here:

You could also go the route of extending each wire by the amount needed.

Leave yourself a path back to stock -- riding with apes is going to SUCK big-time.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

Leave yourself a path back to stock -- riding with apes is going to SUCK big-time.
        I'm laughing my butt off, good stuff right there!

Comment

Working...
        X