cam specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam specs

will the stock cams from an 1100 fit into the 750 tscc head. are they the same specs or different on the lift and duration?

Don, another option is to have the stock cams reground- Cam Motion does this for about $160. You send them your stock cores and they can modify the profile by reducing the base circle. They have a G2 grind-.330 lift@246 that is a straight drop-in with no headwork or springs required, and a G3 grind-.345@260 that will require springs. I have used two sets of their regrinds over the past 15 years in my GS750 with no problems. They are out of Baton Rouge, LA- (225)926-6110- ask for Kip. These cams will really wake up the motor, the G3's will have more top end but will be peaky. Remember to get the cam sprockets slotted so you can degree them in. Good Luck, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED
    2001 TL1000S (sold)

Comment

I used a set of gs750E cams in my 82 gs 1166cc 16v motor, I had to use the 1100 cam sprockets, other than that they dropped right in. I used these cams because the intake cam measured .010 more lift than my stock 1100 intake cam. the exhaust cam measered the same lift as the 1100 exhaust cam. Both the 750 cams had a shorter duration " Steep ramps ' I was on a tight budget when I put the motor together and I got these cams cheap on EBAY with low miles on them. I was told they are stock cams.and they appeared stock in every way. What I got was a quicker revving engine, more top end power, and a very aggressive exhaust note! Not bad for $20.00! So I guess it would work the other way as well. I am running velocity stacks and a V&H pro pipe. I also fitted 93 gsxr inverted forks, with 95 gsxr wheels, 6 piston calipers up front, the rear wheel is 17" x 6" wide with a 180 rear tire, stuffed in a 92 Katana swing arm that is stretched 6" over stock, the rear suspension is rigid "Custom home made Drag Struts" My bike ended up lowered 3" and stretched 8" no more unintentional wheelies for me! Good luck with your project!
      Bob H.
      Massachusetts

Comment

thanx for the info guys

Comment

My cams are worn on my 1980 gs750. I would like to put the 1100's in. It was not clear to me on the last posts. . . if I use my cam gear out of my 750 will the 1100 bolt right in.

Comment

Use 1150 cams and get slotted cam gears ( get your own slotted or buy slotted gears) then you can dial them in to taste
            1150 cams are a liitle bit more aggressive than 1100 onesa and were "the" hot swap at the time.
            Dink

Comment

Dink, thanks a bunch!!

Comment

Working...
              X