Cant Leave It alone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant Leave It alone!!

Bought a 1150 a while ago and now its coming all apart, I wanted to build up the engine a bit and the thought of using BUSA Pistons and trying to make up something cheap. Has anyone used hayabusa pistons in a GS 1150 yet? I guess the kit would enfd up being like 1404 or close to that size?/ with the stock Busa 81 mm pistons? I guess a big block would be required? Then old gsxr liners perhaps? Thanx Mike

Cant Leave It alone!! Hmmmm
    Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
    1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
    1977 GS400
    1974 Montesa 250
    1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

81mm bore with stock stroke of 66mm will make a 1360.

Comment

Different valve pockets, less compression with busa pistons, lots to machine of the block, YI take it m=not too many people bother to do this. Just an idea. Lots of busa pistons around. May of been cheap. Thanx Mike

Comment

Guys have done this build with oil cooled GSXR sleeves & Busa pistons. The problem with going this route, to ME, is the wrong pin location on the pistons. This requires decking a TON off the block to get to a zero deck height. I would rather just buy a big block & correct pistons & do it that way. You will have as much, or more, in sleeving & decking a block as what you could buy a used big block for. The only real price difference would be a set of pistons but I see them used all the time too.
          Ray.

Comment

Thanx for replies Guys . I was cleaning up in the shop found a brand new MTC big block and piston set with rings, unfortunately they are turbo kit from a long ago forgotten project. Anyone have a old turbo kit laying around? Mike (For GS of course!)

Comment

Working...
            X