Driving Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving Lights

I have deer paranoia bad. I've decided to do what I can to upgrade my headlights to help me spot the SOBs before they get too close. These lights found on ebay seem to help: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-30W-Sil...item3f3b6d33a5

Here they are mounted:

The wiring was a bit tricky though. Each light has three levels - high, low and flash. Levels are changed by switching them off and on. Each light is also independent of the other so that if one unit was on flash, and the other on high, one would have to be turned off and on until it caught up.

My way of dealing with this was to both lites through a master switch with one connected to a secondary momentary open button switch.

Not really pretty but neither am I.

Used them for the first time last night and definitely spotted critters (deer, rabbits and coons) sooner than with stock headlight.

I'd have tried to get some pictures of the beam pattern on the road but it was really, REALLY cold. Maybe next time.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Interested in seeing pictures of the beam pattern on the road. I have seen lights similar to that, but I like to see beam patterns if I am getting lights for a specific task.

I only have limited experience with the Truck-Lite on my bike, it might minimize the need for auxiliary lighting.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X