Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diaphragm Needle and Slide Dis-assembly. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaphragm Needle and Slide Dis-assembly. Help!

So I finally bought a Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit. First step: replace diaphragm needles. How do you get this apart?

I can't find any info on this little step in the project. I see no way that this just unscrews.
    I'm losing my mind.

Its off a 1982 GS 650g

I believe you need a deep right angle snap ring pliers like this:

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.
    82 GS1100E
    five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
    Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

No, he needs long straight snap ring pliers. Go to your Suzuki dealer & ask the parts guy to show you the Suzuki tool in his computer. I got my set from Snap On but they quit making them. Or these: http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-820...sxp_grid_i_0_2
      Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        No, he needs long straight snap ring pliers. Go to your Suzuki dealer & ask the parts guy to show you the Suzuki tool in his computer. I got my set from Snap On but they quit making them. Or these: http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-820...sxp_grid_i_0_2
        Ray.
        I have the Gear Wrench tool. That said.....for a one time only deal, my first tool was a one dollar Harbor Freight Needle Nose pliar set up. Filed the tips to easily fit into the snap ring holes.

Be sure to note the orientation of the plastic Guide Body that is under that snap ring. Fits in one way only.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have one of those long 5 piece hook kit and I used the 22 degree and the hose removal hooks and the snap rings come right out. The snap ring can go flying so be careful

Comment

I converted a set of needle nosed pliers as well, I am just cheap.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

well that figures. I have the Motion Pro right angle pliers coming on Monday. Their reach is 50mm and the inside of this diaphragm is barely an inch. I'm wondering if the orange plastic needling housing will be in the way with these.

Comment

X 3 on the needle nose pliers. I also used the Harbor freight route.

Comment

A straight shot snap ring plier works if the outside edges of the tool above the prongs are ground down a bit with a dremel, angle grinder or file. Found at any decent hardware store.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

the Motion Pro worked just fine. Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                    X